2 year old boy is 'cured' with Cannabis

Discussion in 'worldEvents' started by Bunnie, 7 May 2011.

1. Offline

Bunnie Sorry for my bluntness, that's just how I roll.

Happy
    Story here

:ppp: :flowers:
  2. Offline

Lain lyrical wordsmith motherfuckin' genius

Artistic
    Awesome
    Kick Frenzy likes this.
  3. Offline

Saffs Accredited batshit buster

Probing
    Awesome indeed. Actually I did a Marijuana Cancer Cure thread the other day about the guy who discovered the hemp oil magic but no one seemed to notice.
  4. Offline

Artistic
    Link it. Probably got lost in the fray, it's been 'noisey' around here lately. :)
  5. Offline

Probing
    Course it could turn out like the Salt Gives You Heart Attacks stuff which has now become Salt Prevents Heart Attacks.
  6. Offline

Artistic
    I say we should just consume large amounts of marijuana to be safe, and take the salt as we like. :rock:
  7. Offline

Probing
    OK Doc, you're the boss
  8. Offline

Dave64 Hancroft King Canuck

Amused
    Yes do like it:cheergirl:
    Bunnie likes this.
  9. Offline

Snapper O'Callaghan It's not a hug. I'm not finished strangling you.

I'm sure the cure was the result of prayer.
    colleen Criss and Bunnie like this.
  10. Offline

Artistic
    Prayer for the prompt delivery of sweet buds. :bams:
    Sarah Nerd and Bunnie like this.
  11. Offline

Cody a.k.a. Ecliptic Lackey

Balanced
    Giving a 2 year old marijuana? Maybe not.
  12. Offline

Wad Drama is Fascinating

Zorro
    It was noticed, and passed on rapidly to people to whom it might really matter.
    Pants and Kick Frenzy like this.
  13. Offline

Artistic
    If the choice is to give the child hemp oil or let the child die, I would give the child hemp oil. It's an easy choice.
  14. Offline

Kick Frenzy HUZZAH!

Scurvy
    Bunnie, that was AWESOME!!
    Thanks a ton for sharing!!

Pants, I think I saw that thread (unless it was one on SCmkII I saw?) and have mentioned it to a few people in RL. :D

You know, if THESE kind of stories keep coming up and getting public attention, it could spell very good things for the medical marijuana movement.
    (Alliteration is fun!)
    Pants and colleen Criss like this.
  15. Offline

SCIF Princess Inhabited

That's actually really interesting. I'd heard about this but hadn't taken the time to really think about it until now. Part of me wonders about it: cannabinoids have never been shown through research to "cure" any physical ailment. Then again, maybe that's due to the dearth of research on it; the government routinely supressess any positive results of research into cannabinoid substances.

I'm wondering if the (undefined) relaxation properties associated with cannabis simply allowed the child's natural immune system to simply fight the cancer "better"? It's possible. There's so much that we don't know about cannabis and what it can do, thanks to myopic government policies.
    colleen Criss likes this.
  16. Offline

Wad Drama is Fascinating

Zorro
    Not until/unless the DEA is DE-funded AND the sugar/liquor cartel is shut down (with extreme prejudice).
  17. Offline

Kick Frenzy HUZZAH!

Scurvy
    Sugar/Liquor?
    I expect Cotton/Wood pulp/BigPharma/Chemical "cartels" would be more obstructive.

And the DEA doesn't have to be shut down, just re-directed.
    Or rather, take marijuana off their "to do" list.

ETA: Not that shutting it down wouldn't help or isn't a good idea.
  18. Offline

Balanced
    1. No evidence the hemp oil would cure the child's cancer.

2. Still no evidence the hemp oil did cure the child's cancer.

This is like getting over a cold soon after taking a Tylenol to help with your headache and deciding that Tylenol cures colds.

Do we want legal weed so badly we're willing to make snake oil out of it?
  19. Offline

Ajax Manatiso Everybody lambada!

Dancing
    When my mother was dying of cancer, her doctor took me aside and said the only effective pain relief for her would be cannibis, but he is saying that off the record. The medical community knows what it can do for cancer patients and although I do not use cannibis myself, I am supporting legalization 100% for purely medical reasons. We have made cannibis the "boogey man" of the medical field, unreasonably, and irrationally. There must, indeed, be some lobbies out there that want to stifle medical progress and allow suffering and death for purely selfish reasons.
    Kick Frenzy likes this.
  20. Offline

Balanced
    Pain relief, yeah. Hundreds if not thousands of cancer patients take it to ease pain and nausea, and it does the job it seems.

But all those people still have cancer. Now one kid's cancer happens to go into remission after his father starts sneaking it to him, and everyone's like 'hooray! Weed cures cancer!'. That's pretty unscientific.