A modest first suggestion about community mods.

Discussion in 'gV governance' started by GradyE, 29 Nov 2010.

1. GradyE

GradyE Hybrid Angel
    Angelic

(as opposed to "maintenance" mods)

That a community mod (however nominated, elected or appointed) serve at least initially for a set time period somewhere between 1-3 months after which period the community mod either steps down in favor of a new mod or is elected, nominated or appointed again according to the same parameters as before. (assuming that they wish to serve another term)

• Like Like x 3
  2. Clancy

Clancy The drama is better at Hungry Jack's
    Diggingit

Why do you want mod? What she do?

3. GradyE

GradyE Hybrid Angel
    Angelic

I did not say I "want" a mod. I suspect that sooner or later we are going to need one, although the appearance of a sub-forum named governance complete with injunctions about derailing and good behavior indicates that we already have one. If you read the op you can see I specified community mod meaning a member/s of the community. My suggestion was simply that if that path (of community mod) is taken, that the mod serve under the terms suggested in the op.

4. Clancy

Diggingit

Tarzan can read.
    Why you want mod? And what she do? Is what I say.
    Thanks.

5. GradyE

GradyE Hybrid Angel
    Angelic

I'm sorry Tarzan, I have a banana in my ear. Could you repeat that please?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  6. nina

nina still prettier than you
    Nerdy

term limits would be a good way to keep things fresh. it would also minimise any problems of taking their role for granted.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Clancy

Diggingit

GradyE hearing impaired, yes. Head so far up Lucifer butt only legs sticks out. Reason in past. And now?

8. GradyE

GradyE Hybrid Angel
    Angelic

No, the communication problem lies in Tarazan's mouth. It's too full of banana.

• Like Like x 4