A Period Thread

Discussion in 'mature-NSFW' started by Bunnie, 4 Apr 2012.

1. Bunnie

Bunnie Everybody loves the sunshine.
    Baked

Because I'm on mine and it sucks. Just to gripe, complain, or sympathize, and post pics of chocolate!

Big hugs to all the ladies currently having the painters in (Or just finished or will be starting shortly). :grouphug2:

:fu: Boys! (Unless you have chocolate or other pain relieving remedy goodness)

ng_chocolatetart.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  2. Bunnie

Baked

I think I am far too young to have such crappy periods. I actually can't wait for Menopause. Seriously, you guys.

Oh, and now I'm re-thinking the chocolate awesomeness pic with the strawberry sauce. :unsure:

• Like Like x 3
  3. Bunnie

Baked

periodsadventureissue1.png

• Like Like x 2
  4. Sarah Nerd

Sarah Nerd Feels most comfortable around other misfits.
    Barefooter

I'll be able to join you in a few days according the the app "my days" that I use on my droid. It's never totally accurate because my period isn't, but it's usually pretty darn close!

• Like Like x 3
  5. Kita

Kita Should Update Title

Mine have always fluctuated wildly. Sometimes, I would go for 6 weeks in-between, other times, 2-3. And they are super heavy. When I got on birth control it drastically reduced how heavy it was, but the cycles were still all over the place with the timing, despite having that one week of placebos. Even the Depo shot, which is supposed to stop them altogether, only made them less heavy. I still had them, and spotted between :/ In fact, that is the one thing I don't like about birth control, is I constantly spot. My uterus is a serious bitch, she does NOT take 'no' for an answer! I have a feeling I am one of those super mega fertile types, which is why I gotta get the bitch's tubes tied before any spermies manage to wriggle their way to her XD

Come to think of it, I have had this IUD thingy in for like a year now, and it has been months since I had a cycle! When I first got it in, it overlapped with the Depo shot, and I was STILL having cycles! With TWO things in me that are supposed to stop it! After a few months, the cycles got further and further between, and were lighter each time. Now, I honestly can't remember the last one I had. Probably in like November or so. After all these years, I have finally been able to (mostly) plug the bitch up! (I still constantly spot very lightly)

(p.s., did that get rid of all the boys? It is how I get Mulch to clear the room ;) Works like a charm!! :D)

• Like Like x 4
  6. Bunnie

Baked

I have too much pain to use tampons. I hate them! I also hate, hate, hate pads. But I use them. I have to change my pads every hour or so the first few days. The doc put me on birth control pills a while back to try and fix them, but it didn't help. My mother says all the women in our family have REALLY heavy periods with mind numbing cramps.

Yay for genetics! :cautious:

• Like Like x 2
  7. Kita

Kita Should Update Title

Oh, ya, I had the cramps HORRIBLY too. I was getting a small prescription of vicodin for it every year too. They fuck up my tummy, but the nausea was an acceptable trade-off to get rid of those cramps...

'Always' ultra thin with wings, overnight (or the 'plus size', they are the same thing) They are the ones with a lime green or orange packaging. Those are the pads I found to be the absolute best for heavy flows. They don't feel like a diaper but they are really absorbent and long and wide so they... uh, well, catch it all :p Just a suggestion if you haven't tried them yet!

[​IMG]

And these are good if you have to go somewhere, so you can clean yourself up! That was a problem for me when they were really heavy... I still had classes and work, so these became my travel pads! They come with the super absorbent pads that are almost the same as the overnight (the wings are a bit different, same pad coverage though). They can be a pain in the butt to find, though. So you may need to get them online.

[​IMG]

I also could not use tampons for the longest time. I tried a TON of tampons before I found some that were comfortable. The Tampax Pearl are the only ones I can wear. I have tried to off brand versions, and regular Tampax, and they are all WAY too uncomfortable. I find they are comfortable up to the 'Super' size, but the 'Super plus' size was too big and uncomfortable. With really heavy flows, all tampons really did was buy me another hour until I had to change the pad too, but sometimes that was all I needed to get through a class or to break at work. As gross as it is, they kinda... well, cork things up a bit, you know? :p I still had to wear a pad too, so I really only bothered when I had to go out and about and needed that extra time.

Oh, and of course:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  8. Sarah Nerd

Barefooter

I'm going to say something here that has gotten me seriously made fun of by my family, but I feel like it's worth sharing because it works. First two nights of my periods I bleed extremely heavy. I have never gone a period without ruining a pair of panties and staining my blankets, sheets, and even the mattress at times. It's gotten so much worse as I've gotten older and it wasn't like until my late twenties. Tampons can't hold that much through a night and no matter how big or great the pad is, I guess because I bleed so much those two days and sleep in all sorts of weird positions and move around a lot it gets everywhere. You know what works? An adult diaper lined with a pad. My husband, my sister, and my kids all think it's a riot and tease me to no end but the trade off is I can sleep through an entire night without waking up in a panic because I'm bleeding everywhere, or waking up with blood all over everything which is bound to happen every month. It's worth the shame to me at least. After those first two nights, It's easy sailing and pretty normal for the next 3 days.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Sarah Nerd

Barefooter

And also, I love this picture...
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. Kita

Kita Should Update Title

Sarah, I actually considered that at one point, because I was having the same problem as you! I just began to sleep on a towel and wear designated sweats to bed, so I didnt need my blankets and I saved my sheets too >.<

Unless you are trying to have more babies, try the IUD. It was the only thing that stopped mine (and still took almost a year to really kick in!). It is usually only recommended for people who have had babies, cause it is painful to put in if you aren't yet stretched from babies, and can cause extreme irritation (ie, CRAMPS HARDCORE) in your uterus, which isn't used to things inside it. My gyno thought it was a good call for me, since we had tried everything else. It was temporarily painful to put in, and caused HORRIFIC endless cramps for 4 days afterwards, I couldn't move. They were bearable with meds after that, and became intermittent after a month. My gyno said this was normal because I hadn't had kids, but I insisted on trying to ride it out :p

Even on birth control, I used to get cramps, sometimes even without bleeding! The longer I have had the IUD in, the longer I go between cramps. And the bleeding has stopped, that took almost a year too (still a teensy bit of constant spotting). Plus, no fuss birth control! It is win/ win if it works out for you :)

• Like Like x 2
  11. Lain

Lain End of line. #resist
    Sneaky

Thankfully, mine have always been fairly short and moderate on the pain scale. My poor Bunnie is not so lucky. :(

Luckily I shower us with lots of chocolate and weed, so we can sit in bed and watch movies together in our sweats. :)

• Like Like x 3
  12. Lias

Lias Open Community!
    Arsey

hey Nerd, they started a birthday thread for you over at SLU.

• Like Like x 6
  13. Jolene

Jolene Sarah's Apparent Alt
    Amazed

I always had strange periods, from the get go. I'd go 6 months without having one...then have one for something like 3 months straight. (That sucked ass).

It was always very unpredictable, with the exception that I could predict that it would go thru cartwheels, turn over every leaf, beg, borrow and steal, in order to arrive on my Bday/Xmas/other holidays.

It also made it a major point to arrive in the middle of the night, while I was sleeping, so that I would wake up to the dilemma. As soon as I would get vertical the floodgates would release, and
    I'd just go directly into the shower. I should be glad I had, at least, that chance, rather than having it come in the middle of the workday or sumtin.

I don't get them anymore...not menopause, though, but I do NOT miss them.

• Like Like x 3
  14. tout

tout It is swimming time!!
    Mondayblues

Be modern and wear French...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  15. Bunnie

Baked

Ugh, guh, gah, blah, bleh. MEH

crysmiley.gif

• Like Like x 1
  16. Lain

Lain End of line. #resist
    Sneaky

• Like Like x 3
  17. Cody

Cody a.k.a. Ecliptic Lackey
    Balanced

*peeks*

• Like Like x 2
  18. Bunnie

Baked

*Mumbles and grumbles through :shakefist:

• Like Like x 2
  19. Govi

Govi Ça va chier.
    Bitchy

/me hugs Bunnie.

When I find myself in this aisle, I thank Mother Nature that she has relieved me of this monthly inconvenience; she giveth and she taketh away with the same hands. Now, I worry about bone density and heart disease (which are just fine with respect to my corpus), but no more mess.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Bunnie

Baked

You are very lucky. :lovehugs:

• Like Like x 2