Alt Accounts

Discussion in 'gV governance' started by Earth, 20 Apr 2011.

Topic Status:
Read-only.
  1. Wad

Wad Drama is Fascinating
    Zorro

I would protest both the infraction AND the warning that was issued to my post above, particularly because the reason given was "disrupting a governance thread". I would also suggest this was extremely selective, and thereby highly questionable, at best, and a blatant abuse of power, at worst.

• Like Like x 7
  2. Earth

Earth Interface Unit

This thread is for discussion of alt policy. Stalking is a meta issue at best. "The moderators are stalking me" is completely off topic, inflammatory, and is a derail. Continued attempts at derailing will incur further infractions.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Wad

Wad Drama is Fascinating
    Zorro

It seems your interests trump those of the members you were called upon to 'serve' then. It also seems your definition of 'discussion' is far narrower than most other members who are trying to ENGAGE in that discussion.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Wad

Wad Drama is Fascinating
    Zorro

"Stalking" was an intrinsic part of the discussion regarding alt accounts, was it not?

• Like Like x 4
  5. Derek

Derek Psychohistorian

If the members of the board do not have confidence in the credibility and integrity of the owner and the functionaries of this board because of a lack on their part to demonstrate conclusively that they are not complicit in singling out members based upon personal animosity, or by allowing alt accounts in general, who are operated by their friends, and also unwilling to discuss this issue, then what is the point of this thread other than pandering and patronizing?

(this is merely an adjunct to your post Chaos)

• Like Like x 4
  6. Love

Love Feel the love
    Bored

Here, I bolded the part which has left me scratching my head.

What do you mean by, "meta issue at best?" It sort of reads like you consider a discussion on stalking to be tangential to the alt discussion with "at best."

• Like Like x 5
  7. Chaos_Factor

Chaos_Factor Flying Leprechaun
    Sick

Well, I guess all those who wish to 'discuss' this... should move out of this thread into another one. I agree a poll probably would have been your best bet for such a narrow scope. If concerns arent being taken seriously, I see no reason to even humor the idea of this 'discussion' any longer. Good luck in your endeavor to reach the end result you desire. <-- said with absolutely zero snark.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Earth

Earth Interface Unit

I am not going to entertain a long talk about why "the moderators are stalking me" is not appropriate for this topic.

9. McLovin

McLovin Should Update Title
    Nerdy

This isn't right. You asked for peoples opinion and then when you don't like it you start abusing them. Is that you, Lecktor?

Take back the 'infraction' whatever the fuck that is and apologize and let us talk. This was a good discussion and you're ruining it.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Old Familiar Face

Old Familiar Face Patriarch of the CCC

Why, with no policy on alts already, and likely never to have been due to lack of oversight by the governance here all that would have happened is people roll up alts and vote, team with the most time on it's hand wins.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Love

Love Feel the love
    Bored

And to whom was that addressed? Was that response to cover off my latest question too?

12. Earth

Earth Interface Unit

That was the first ever infraction warning given to a member. Yesterday was the first time an active account has ever been disabled. Notice the parties concerned represent different "factions". All the talk of playing favorites is empty rhetoric.

13. Chaos_Factor

Chaos_Factor Flying Leprechaun
    Sick

• Like Like x 5
Topic Status:
Read-only.