Bolivia Flips Bird to World’s Richest Man, Reject Bill Gates’ Charity Hens

Discussion in 'area17-NSFW' started by Bunnie, 15 Jun 2016.

1. Bunnie

Bunnie Everybody loves the sunshine.
    Baked

Read more...

:stooges:

2. Kita

Kita Should Update Title

With his money, he could build schools in the poorest 45 countries in the world that could pull them out of poverty. Hell, he could buy a military to even usurp military regimes if he wanted to go that route.

They are VERY stingy, but both of the Gates like to dispense advice to the poorest folks in the world. They could bring about REAL change instead of giving the same trite words and throwing a few bucks at them here and there. They accumulate a stupid amount of money, but it seems that the 'work' they do is just to make themselves feel better about their status.

I hate to quote the bible, so I won't do that. I will just reference something I remember from way back that always struck me. It was a story about how a wealthy man came to the temple to make a donation. He was flashy and showy when he did this, giving a large amount that was insignificant to him and his wealth. A poor woman always came in and gave a very small amount, but to her, it was a significant amount of the little she had. The wealthy man mocked her and how little she gave. It was pointed out that the woman was the greater of the two and the only one of the two doing good works, because she gave humbly, not for show. And she gave her all instead of making an attempt to buy the admiration and attention. I think this parable is where the passage "Blessed are the poor, for they shall inherit the earth" comes from, but I don't recall.

Assholes use the old parables in there to do shitty things (and there are plenty of shitty old stories too, because culture DOES improve and evolve, despite the wishes of some backwards people), but there are also some poignant old stories about human nature that transcend time and culture. That one always stuck out to me, because even as a kid, I could see it was something that still happened regularly all around me-- even in the very church I heard it in.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Briana

Briana Vibrating erver closer to 4th Density
    Woot

Hate is a very strong emotion which you allow to dictate what you learn from where and how. In all things there exist lessons... The Torah and Tanakh, the New Testament, Quoran, Communist Manifesto, Theodore Kazinsky's manifesto, and Garfield Book 3.

There is much to be learned from the Bible. Without many of us would not be free. Not "free" because we have the Word, but free because it teaches the discerning person the difference between religion and spirituality - for one, it also teaches the vicissitudes of humanity and creates an awesome juxtaposition to learn from. Especially when you read the book of Joshua... Much to be learned about the God of Abraham. Much to awaken a sleeping yet questioning mind.

Definitely a recommended read for those that realize things are not as they seem.

4. Kita

Kita Should Update Title

Don't read so much into common colloquialism. If I mean every word, I don't use them. I use them when trying to keep the tone lighter.

:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  5. Briana

Briana Vibrating erver closer to 4th Density
    Woot

"You" was the Royal you as in "us" ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1