Contacting admin(s) of gotVirtual?

Discussion in 'gV engineering' started by Envoy Costagravas, 23 Dec 2010.

1. Clancy

Clancy The drama is better at Hungry Jack's
    Diggingit

Even trolls have to wait for "customer service". Hang in there, bud.

2. New Me

New Me Envoy's research assistant...
    Balanced

If I meet any trolls in a situation similar to mine, I'll pass along your valuable information, Tarzan.

• Like Like x 1
  3. New Me

Balanced

Well, it's been 24 hours, and the Celestial Orbs that run this place still haven't gotten in contact with me. I'd really like to clear up a small issue - does anyone have an inside line to the administrative staff of gotVirtual?

• Like Like x 1
  4. GradyE

GradyE Hybrid Angel
    Angelic

Many before you have tried.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  5. New Me

Balanced

I've got some of my people working on it...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  6. Bunnie

Bunnie Everybody loves the sunshine.
    Baked

I tried the contact us button and haven't heard back yet either. Not very useful.

• Like Like x 2
  7. JohnnyVann

JohnnyVann Acthp!
    caffeine

What do you mean not useful? Gave you something to do while waiting didn't it?

• Like Like x 3
  8. Sarah Nerd

Sarah Nerd Feels most comfortable around other misfits.
    Barefooter

I still prefer admin that don't (barely) interact with us over the other types. A lot less politics involved here. Personal preference.

• Like Like x 3
  9. JohnnyVann

JohnnyVann Acthp!
    caffeine

True Sara, but at least in email they should be able to respond in 24 hours unless there is an emergency or something. You may have noticed a lack of Fatz and now Envoy lately :(

• Like Like x 1
  10. Liona Clio

Liona Clio Poetry in Motion
    Benevolent

Funny how a straight request to talk to an admin results in accusations of trolldom.

Do we really need to do this "line-in-the-sand" bullshit, Tarzan? Envoy had a point; it's frustrating when people don't answer you.

I understand Sara's viewpoint, and gV should be managed in whatever way the admins wish. That doesn't mean there aren't some downsides to the way they're currently managing the forum. Nor should it mean that people get accused of trolling when they express frustration.

I thought people came to gV to get away from drama, not incite it. And I'm sorry if this sounds like I'm inciting drama, but Envoy has done nothing to deserve contempt for his request, and it pissed me off a little reading it. Fuck off, Apeman.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Lias

Lias Open Community!
    Arsey

The request for customer service was not being referred to as trolling. But you already knew that.
    You are being so agreesive, cursing and bringing drama - so not everyone came here to get away from it. Some people are carriers.
    That statement is about the percieved trolling Envoy has participated in within the last 30 days here - not a request for customer service.

Save your drama for your mama (at SCII)

12. JohnnyVann

JohnnyVann Acthp!
    caffeine

Envoy? Trolling?

What are you smoking?

• Like Like x 2
  13. margaret mfume

margaret mfume g Village agitator

hmmmm
    it seems that the admin needn't be identified for loyalists to rise up and defend against trolls

and by trolls I mean whoever dares to question the powers that be, of course

• Like Like x 2
  14. Lias

Lias Open Community!
    Arsey

Gentlemanly trolling. But trolling nonetheless.

15. Lias

Lias Open Community!
    Arsey

Yes, that is what is going on because Mfume says that is what is going on.

Don't you have a support group for this sort of lamenting?

16. Clancy

Diggingit

You're forum avatar is funny. :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Jez

Jez Bella!
    Alienated

I dont think it's fair to call Envoy a troll. And I don't know why anyone would expect the admin to reply to them it is obvious to me they go through a lot of effort to avoid that sort of thing. Just go look at his profile! And what would you need to know or whatever anyway? If you are having some technical problem or somebody is harassing then say something in a thread but to expect to be able to have private discussions with the admins is something i think they have made a real effort to avoid from the very beginning.

• Like Like x 2
  18. margaret mfume

margaret mfume g Village agitator

[​IMG]
    when e.f. mfume talks, people listen

• Like Like x 5
  19. Clancy

Diggingit

• Like Like x 1
  20. JohnnyVann

JohnnyVann Acthp!
    caffeine

why don't we have an eye rolling smiley?

• Like Like x 1