Cyber bullying is accomplished in many ways, including....

Discussion in 'onTopic' started by colleen Criss, 4 Apr 2011.

1. Derek

Derek Psychohistorian

My mother who taught Elementary school for 35 years used to tell the tattlers, if the person is not physically endangering themselves or others, then solve it yourself.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Bulldick!

Bulldick! Rampaging
    Notamused

...just saying...

:hug:

• Like Like x 1
  3. colleen Criss

colleen Criss Your life will never be the same again.
    Cheerful

DEAR DON,

One more time Don try READING and not inferring your opinion on what I am saying because it's NOT the brush YOU want. THEN go troll elsewhere , You're tiring and boring at the moment....

Lee TAUGHT me about SNARK, yes. EOS Live with it.

I ASKED VVI nicely , hell I even ASKED your gf/bf LOVE NOT to nicely, THEY made a choice and so did I. LIVE with it. I did NOT mandate THAT rule MARS did. Go sing to MARS.

4. colleen Criss

Cheerful

You're mother is a smart woman and YOU are finally in the right train of thought for THIS onTopic NODE.

Since THIS is the NET they can NOT cause physical harm to me altho LOL I have no doubt they cause themselves physical harm banging a their keyboards to pound out BS and bitchiness and etc. Hey, :) its their fingers lol not mine. They are at least freethinkers if not always adult.

5. colleen Criss

Cheerful

......just saying....

6. Bulldick!

Bulldick! Rampaging
    Notamused

Question: is your caps-lock key working correctly? I see that you jump to upper case every so often, maybe you need a new keyboard?

Another question: how does one inferr (I am assuming you actually meant infer) an opinion? do you actually know what inference is?

I would disagree about Lee telling you have to use snark; I will tho agree that she taught you that what you did was snarking and maybe you did not know the word at the time being.

You asked VVI and Love to stop replying to your posts, that is not something covered my MARS rules, so I guess that you may need to read them again.

7. colleen Criss

Cheerful

You are an idiot. Really Don, I almost had a better opinion of you , you have proved me wrong, stop twisting words and meaning. NO ....never mind carry on . Leave me out of your bs thank you.

8. Wad

Wad Drama is Fascinating
    Zorro

The only reason you're not "bullying" anyone here is because you're the only one that's complaining about BEING bullied. You're treating many here EXACTLY as you've been treated, and they write it off as just another day on an adult forum, while you immediately jump up and down claiming you're being bullied, harassed, etc... If they measured your actions towards them by the same criteria by which you judge their actions towards you, you'd be one of the biggest, if not THEE biggest, bully on this site, per your own posted definitions. Take note, this is DEAD ON TOPIC for this thread.

It's no stretch whatsoever to point out that your OVERuse of the report function here has crossed the line over into the realm of bullying as well. You are attempting (and perhaps succeeding?) to bully mars into doing YOUR bidding, in spite of the fact, as I've just pointed out, that you measure others actions against expectations of behavior that are strictly yours....not theirs, while categorically stating you don't care what theirs are anyway. You have ALL the traits of the very thing you claim to be most against. In "sticking up for yourself", you've overshot the mark, and have become the ultimate bully with your finger ever-poised over the 'report' button...DARING anyone to in any way displease you, under penalty of you calling down upon them the wrath of mars.

In a way, I don't blame you as much as I do mars, for responding to your bait, and reacting in probably the least beneficial way, based on the overwhelming consensus of the community-at-large here. mars has created a monster, and you're it. Wiser heads would have handled you, and the rest of us, much differently.

9. Wad

Wad Drama is Fascinating
    Zorro

Reported this ^^^ post for an ad hominem attack on another member in an "onTopic" thread.

I'd suggest any other members who agree, rather than just "Liking" my post, to report HER post yourselves. After all, it IS what that button is there for.

You reap what you sow.

• Like Like x 1
  10. colleen Criss

Cheerful

11. Wad

Wad Drama is Fascinating
    Zorro

Reported this ^^^ post for attempting to derail an onTopic thread.

I'd suggest any other members who agree, rather than just "Liking" my post, to report HER post yourselves. After all, it IS what that button is there for.

You reap what you sow.

12. Bulldick!

Bulldick! Rampaging
    Notamused

Stop replying to me and you got it! By the way, are you sure you want to start the name calling? and finally, how do you "almost" have a better opinion of someone? you were about to have a better opinion and then decide otherwise? you had a not-so-better opinion of someone?

As Pep would say... words, they mean something.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Jolene

Jolene Sarah's Apparent Alt
    Amazed

Colleen. I won't judge the reasons as to why you posted this thread.

I will state what I see it devolved into, and rapidly.

I kind of look at it this way. You got up onto a stage (as we all do when creating a thread), you got a few hecklers, and for some reason, have chosen to act like Michael Richards did. Important Note: Not comparing him to you literally, but more your response to those hecklers.

Rather than using that racist word, I see you tossing about *troll* in the same manner that he tossed about that other word.

This is your thread. The impetus lies with you to *attempt* to keep it on track, rather than getting down in the muck yourself. I think you'd have much better results. Have you ever considered that some folks say what they say to get a rise out of you? Knowing that they will? I don't really know you from Adam, but you were kind to me when I arrived here.

Granted, some folks have issue with you, and you them. I think that they feel strongly about how they would like to see this board continue, as do you. Some people are just very blunt. :)

I do take issue with threats to report every other post, having come here from the Flogs, in which AR Reporting was vastly abused. I don't think that is setting a good precedent..not that it isn't *sometimes* worth merit, but often, I think it stems from personal conflicts (I'll teach that person kinda thinking) or a personal seeing of insult, when it may or may not be there, but a person sees it due to past conflict.

To bring it back around to the subject of bullying. It's akin to running to the teacher every time someone calls you a poopyhead. The teacher gets irritated with it, the other students see that person as a big crybaby, even those not directly involved in the conflict. I've seen in the flogs, here and at SLU, how someone can turn a post like that on its head by using humor.

I'm certainly not telling you how to handle this. I've been in more than one flame war myself. :) And have lost my head on more than one occasion. Just some constructive criticism.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Lias

Lias Open Community!
    Arsey

Community run moderation does not make community members tattletales.

15. colleen Criss

Cheerful

Hello Jolene, thank you for you're insightful and correct post response to this now useless thread. If you began reading this thread from the beginning you will see, I posted real and good info to the correct node on this forum to begin with.

I posted it because it was a topic of conversation in another thread BUT not THE topic , just a passing mention and it made me think about cyber bullying so I went in search of info on the topic on the net and brought an abbreivated version with links for those who MAY want the information . The 1st 6 posts clearly were taken in the spirit I intended for the post, then we got hello kitty pic, snark for the sake of it , why ? Doesn't matter nor require you to respond just a thought outloud. I believe I even thanked the poster for their *effort* and thought .

I should have never responded to Love , you are absolutely correct . She or he, not sure now according to VVI Love is a he. Again doesn't matter to me a members gender. I asked nicely more then a few times for 1 member to stop posting TO me or better AT me and even told them how NOT too when he asked. He had a choice, he made it. So did I.

On point of THIS thread topic on bullying on the net, I did what anyone does when bullied or SHOULD do when bullied, I reported it. I will do so again just as they can report me IF I bully them.

But I do take your post in the spirit you meant me to take. thank you.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Pep

Pep Eats Mars for breakfast

Until you can persuade Mars that harassment can be interpreted as somebody disagreeing with you even when you have threatened to cry or run and tell, and thrown in a few half-hearted attempts at childish insults, I'll keep posting that you can't bully someone on the net, nor can you prevent someone from FEELING bullied whatever you may or may not have done.

Pep (is sorry if stating this essential truth - in contrast to the hysterical posturing reported in the OP - is making people FEEL bullied; sorry for them and their hypersensitivity, that is, not apologetic that he persists in stating the facts.)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Derek

Derek Psychohistorian

Yes it does. That is what happens to boards that fool themselves into believing that that is what is taking place. When in actuality what is occurring is that a few members with OCD or control issues, or an immature, hyper-emotionally arrogant pomposity and with a faux air of superiority which is in reality an Inferiority Complex try to determine what the rest of the board members should post or behave like.
    They become tattlers. Squealers. Informers. Toadies of the Owner. Ass licking sycophants.
    The euphemism does not make it noble.

• Like Like x 3
  18. colleen Criss

Cheerful

Derek, your experience from other forums is showing. THIS is gV. You do here what you hated there? Expecting that Mars will pay the freight for you to do it? And not call enough enough when Mars sees fit?

19. Wad

Wad Drama is Fascinating
    Zorro

Reading Jolene's post, then your response, it's readily apparent that you totally missed the spirit in which she meant you to take it.

"I do take issue with threats to report every other post, having come here from the Flogs, in which AR Reporting was vastly abused."

That was her taking issues with YOUR "threats to report every other post", no one else's, since you are the only one guilty of doing that. Two days ago, you threatened to do it. Yesterday you bragged about doing it. And today, largely due to mars' post indicating that being flooded with 62 "reports", you've been gloating about doing it, and rubbing it in the rest of our faces. That's what bullies do. Most of us didn't have to go google it to figure that out.

Furthermore, again displaying your determination to keep your blinders on, you again repeat the demonstrable falsehood that you explained how to not "alert" you, when, in point of fact, ALL you did was DEMAND that anyone you named, not REPLY to you. You never had that right, and never will. The ONLY right you have is to turn off your OWN 'alerts'...Of course you retain the right, as we all do, to simply not post at all if you wish to receive NO notices of replies. So once again we see that you did not 'ask', but rather, you attempted to BULLY other members here into obeying your COMMANDS regarding how they post.

That being the case, and in spite of how much I absolutely DEPLORE even acknowledging the "Report" button exists, I'm throwing in the towel, and agreeing to your terms. Now, before you start dancing or anything, let me assure you, I will reply to you just as frequently, and in exactly the same manner, as I always have. But the demand I'm giving in to is that we ALL use/abuse that report button in the same way as you have been doing, at least when it comes to you...In fact, ONLY when it comes to you...since you're the only one demanding that we do it "your way".

On a bright note, as a result of my capitulation on this, you're about to benefit from a "teachable moment"...perhaps (and likely) the first ever in your entire life.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Wad

Wad Drama is Fascinating
    Zorro

No, but admin-run moderation does...which is what we have here.