Farm Steam Trading Cards for Fun & PROFIT

Discussion in 'tech' started by Mulch, 19 Aug 2015.

1. Mulch

Mulch Why does the drum come hither?
    Psychedelic

source code and portable version available

http://www.steamidlemaster.com/

• Laugh Laugh x 1
  2. Kita

Kita Should Update Title

I think the VAC will nail people running that.

Not worth it at all. They will shore up the hole allowing it to work, and very possibly punish people who use it.

Don't do it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Noob Noob x 1
  3. Mulch

Psychedelic

you don t actually log into the game so no danger of VAC

there is an active steam group around it

the author emailed steam to ask if it was a problem and steam did not object (author also does the enhanced steam browser plugin that steam had no problem with either when asked)

this isnt like the tf2 idle scandal as that was done to introduce new items into the game and broke the economy, your cards are already designated for you when you purchase the game and you can't earn any more than what is already designated (also, none of the tf2 idlers were banned, they lost their ill gotten hats and those that did not idle got a golden halo hat as a reward for not screwing with the economy)

its been around for like over a year, no problems from a single person

4. Mulch

Psychedelic

also, why WOULD steam be bothered by this?

let's say that someone sold a card they got for $1.00 (unlikely that price, but go with me). the person buying it either got the "money" selling cards, or has put REAL money in to buy these trading cards.

so, this person gives you $1.00 real money for your card. now you have $1.00 in steam credit for use in buying games or team fortress 2 hats or trading cards, etc

either way, steam gets money from the transaction if only because those steam credits werent in game except that someone put real money in the game. inflation is prevented by the money sink, paying steam credits for virtual items or games, both making steam actual real money that they turn into funny money, essentially gamifying actual game buying, which is ABSO-FUCKING-LUTELY BRILLIANT

and price is kept stable by supply as cards from new game purchases are added into the game. do i need to remind you that steam makes money off of these game purchases?

so if someone somewhere up the food chain is pumping real cash into steams bank account to buy an intangible product (that was promised when buying the game) that is virtually 100% profit for them (trading cards, hats, a % of game sale price), why on earth would they be pissed at people fulfilling the supply side of the equation?

what, are they going to ban people for making hats that get introduced into the game next?

its brilliant, they dont care. this app does exactly what steam wants done with the cards.

even if i don't sell that card for steam funny money, i might buy cards to complete the set and level up in steam. its brilliant. i put real money in for exchange of funny money to buy a card that never existed in the 1st place

stop and think about it and tell me why EXACTLY steam would be opposed to making more real life cash AND/OR engaging it's users more, who will then buy more games because the act of buying games is a game itself with a high score system in place (steam level)

its an element of a giant funnel that delivers cash into steams wallet, which is fine by them AND us because it's not like we cant understand what they are doing and this "economy" they have that we willingly agree to be a part of

its fine. been around a long time and no one has ever complained of being banned for using it. go get your cards

the only question is, will you be supply or demand of the equation where steam makes money either way? everybody wins with this

Last edited: 21 Aug 2015
  5. Kita

Kita Should Update Title

I'm still waiting for you to accept my trades so I can finish some badges. Jerk.

6. Mulch

Psychedelic

that shit is worth money, cheapskate.

so you are part of the demand side, then

go farm some cards and make some trades to level up at steam

7. Kita

Kita Should Update Title

GIVE ME YOUR CARDS I NEED THEM TO PLAY THE CARD GAME AND YOU ARE NOT USING THEM YOU JERK.

;_;

• Noob Noob x 1
  8. Mulch

Psychedelic

Finally done idling. 1,200 or so trading cards gained. I sold my dupes and have made almost $15 (so i didnt have to pay real cash for that embarrassment of a Team Fortress 2 UFO update)

still about 1,100 or so cards left to sell

and not banned

9. nina

nina still prettier than you
    Nerdy

this merits investigation, so i have downloaded and installed this thing.

10. Kita

Kita Should Update Title

It doesn't work on my laptop. :( No idea what it doesn't like. Tried turning off firewall, and that didn't work. I will look into it when I get my gaming PC set back up.

11. Mulch

Psychedelic

this week i have sold a ridiculous amount of cards i had listed for months for premium prices from when i posted this

i am well over $40 total in profit from trading card sales

i need to motivate myself to put my remaining 500 or so cards up for sale, because for whatever reason, this week has been a goldmine (in penny stock terms) in trading card sales

if you have cards, this might be the week to put them up for sale. out of nowhere, my expensive cards are selling like crazy

(on average, i list cards for $0.02 over what they are currently trading for, putting many, if not most, over $0.10 each)

fyi

12. nina

Nerdy

this reminded me to start running the idler again

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Mulch

Psychedelic

the last month or so has been on fire. i have spent at least $20 already ($5 was an accident because the default payment is wallet funds, while those funds are a "good sale, no cash" fund

this is where i am at now

steamcard cash.JPG

i dont actively trade. i just generally put it at least $.02 MORE than is being offered at the moment, and wait.

btw, add me on steam, niƱa (and let me know that its you), i got something for you

14. nina

Nerdy

mine fires up and runs for about 5 seconds before idling. it never used to do that.
    i am trying to log into steam now and am waiting on a pin to come via email

edit: http://steamcommunity.com/id/carolBrady/

Last edited: 6 May 2016
  15. Mulch

Psychedelic

install the steam app on your smartphone and enable steam guard

everything is easier that way. they got militant in the last year about securing accounts the steam guard is the main tool they "encourage" you to use

16. nina

Nerdy

ive had the steam app for ages, but whenever i open it, it announces my presence to everyone and i end up having to talk to people in my friend list :(

17. Mulch

Psychedelic

you can set your online status to away, you know