For a moment, I clung closely to him.

Discussion in 'mature-NSFW' started by Dejah Thoris, 18 May 2018.

1. Dejah Thoris

Dejah Thoris Daughter of Mors Kajak of Helium
    Zorro

"I cannot bear to be parted from you now, even for a moment, John Carter," I said. "I shudder at the thought of being alone again where that terrible creature might discover me. You do not know her. None can imagine her ferocious cruelty who has not witnessed her daily acts for over half a year. It has taken me nearly all this time to realize even the things that I have seen with my own eyes."
    FrazettaDejahThorisColorScan.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dejah Thoris

Zorro

When first I saw her, I knew that we would be friends, though not at first. But, nonetheless, after I learned her name and her ability, after we were tried by the pernicious fates of our dying planet, I was ever more proud to call her my friend.

MarquezJohnCarter1.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dejah Thoris

Zorro

Thuvia loosed the banths that had gathered to her upon the unthinking brutes before us. As John Carter and I stood there, ready should we be needed, muscles and nerves at the alert, we saw before us a carnage that I do not ever hope to see again, but that was nonetheless welcome. The banths had galloped down the steps and our erstwhile captors fled before them, most not succeeding in their effort to avoid becoming banth supper.

Thuvia commands.jpg

4. Dejah Thoris

Zorro

It was my wedding attire that seemed to stir my husband the most, so I wore it often; he never seemed to tire of it (nor of me, but I did always like to array myself in suitable finery for him); as ever, decorating my body was exciting for me, the more so for my pleasure in exciting the object of my desires with the way I appeared to him.

7aa4949aa6f9540291ab9db99b5f0d9c.jpg

5. Dejah Thoris

Zorro

6. Dejah Thoris

Zorro

I dreamed of John Carter last night. When I dream of my husband, it is always a shock to find myself awake and alone in our bed, knowing that he is gone again, and that neither he nor I know when he will return.

ppa47h8.jpg

7. Dejah Thoris

Zorro

Once, I dressed in what I understood to be an Earth fashion that John Carter found attractive. He had described an"actress" (using the Earthian word, we have none like these) and her many portrayals on the "silver screen." (Again, inexplicable without an essay on the topic, for which my dreamy state absent my husband leaves me no ability.) One night, I, with the assistance of and much laughter from my handmaidens, strove to make myself look like this "actress" called Paw-la Ne-gri. He has mentioned many men and women of Earth in our conversations, but this name struck me as being very like that of a Barsoomian person. When I entered our room, thus attired, I was pleased and delighted at his response. Sometimes, I felt that I strove too hard to gratify his desires -- this was not our way -- but it has seemed to me that he seemed to expect it of me, somehow a strange combination of serving woman, friend, mother to his children, and skilled woman of our bedchamber.

479be71c6dc8d8060fbac75f6082069c.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dejah Thoris

Zorro

They could not guess my whereabouts or my fate, for none on all Barsoom even dream of such a place as this. Nor would it have advantaged me any had they known the exact location of my prison, for who could hope to penetrate to this buried sea in the face of the mighty navy of the First Born? No: my case was hopeless.

Well, I would make the best of it, and, rising, I swept aside the brooding despair that had been endeavouring to claim me.

dejah_thoris___princess_of_mars_by_paulnery-d5u8y4b.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dejah Thoris

Zorro

"Think not, John Carter, that you may so lightly cast aside the love of Phaidor, daughter of Matai Shang. Nor ever hope to hold thy Dejah Thoris in thy arms again. Wait you the long, long year; but know that when the waiting is over it shall be my arms which shall welcome you—not those of the Princess of Helium. Behold, she dies!"

ppa08.jpg

10. Dejah Thoris

Zorro

John Carter? John Carter, is that you?

John, is that you(QM).jpg