Here a gun, there a gun, everywhere a gun. More guns = More safety, right?

Discussion in 'area17-NSFW' started by Lain, 22 Sep 2015.

Tags:
  1. Lain

Lain End of line. #resist
    Sneaky

A central repository for all things gun related. The area it's filed in should set the tone for the conversation. Let's open the discussion with 'Ghost Guns'.

2 Men Acused of Selling 'Ghost Guns'

From the text, it sounds like they are ordering pieces of guns and then making whole guns that are unregistered, unnumbered, and untraceable.

N33t.

2. Mulch

Mulch Why does the drum come hither?
    Psychedelic

3. Mulch

Psychedelic

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Lain

Sneaky

Yeah, that's scary.

Are they making plastic machine guns too? Wouldn't heat be an issue with repeated fire?

I guess you better make that one shot count. ;P

5. Kita

Kita Should Update Title

The guy in the unit next to my makerspace makes those. I didn't know this was not allowed? I think he does mostly reproductions and rebuilds for collectors, so maybe they aren't completely from scratch. I thought they were. And he makes his own bullets too. Avoids the massive tax on them that way. He also is a painter and his wife does weaving. Surprisingly, not a conservative or anything, he just likes to make stuff, and he had only a casual interest in historical weapons combined with a bunch of workshop skills and extensive machining experience. He decided to try something new one day.

Punks ruin it for everyone else.

And there is a reason the printed gun comes with a single bullet... :p

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mulch

Psychedelic

its legal to make your own gun unless the type of gun wasnt legal in the first place, such as a fully auto machine gun

oh and this

[​IMG]

• Laugh Laugh x 1
  7. Lain

Sneaky

As a gun owner, and a concealed carry permit holder, I find the entire gun culture to be disgusting. As many responsible, mature gun owners as there are, there are a hundred times more assholes with less than six brain cells to rub together.

The problem has never been technology. It's always been stupidity.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Lain

Sneaky

I really love it when some gun supporter, or should I say Ranting Lunatic with a gun, comes into some random forum and opens fire on everyone who is against unfettered gun ownership and use with a statement about how anyone who doesn't love guns is dumb, and EVERY OTHER GODDAMN WORD IS SPELLED WRONG!

So people, please, when you're frothing at the mouth on your soapbox about "take my guns from my cold dead hands", and trying to convince people that an AR-15 is an effective hunting weapon, and not a display of how insecure you are about any one of a dozen things wrong with you, none of them being the issue you should be working on, have the common sense to spell check your post.

That way at least your stupidity shines through, and not because you were pounding it out on your keyboard in the manner a rabid chimp might after taking six or eight crack rocks.

Good Times

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Laugh Laugh x 1
  9. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy HUZZAH!
    Scurvy

GuNNS ar MYE Rite!!

10. Lain

Sneaky

Did the Oregon School Shooter Post About His Plans the Night Before?

Mass school shooting reported at Oregon's Umpqua Community College (live updates)
    Sigh. :(

• Hug Hug x 1
  11. Lain

Sneaky

12. Kita

Kita Should Update Title

I am starting to think people killed by mass shootings should be hailed as heroes who gave their lives to preserve the rights granted to us by the constitution...

• Like Like x 2
  13. Kita

Kita Should Update Title

Also, Bams and Buns... I hope your family is safe and no one was hurt... :hug:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hug Hug x 1
  14. Lain

Sneaky

Unfortunately we're protecting the wrong rendition of the constitution.

The rights of dickheads to act like this.....

opencarry1313499177.jpg Switzerland-Sig-SG-550-Apple-Store-Open-Carry.jpg tumblr_mgvr9lKRMY1rkuiqeo1_500.jpg

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Lain

Sneaky

B-j_j8vIgAAmGlh.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Kita

Kita Should Update Title

No reason to have guns at school. Our forefathers envisioned places of education of being as sacred as places of worship. They were envisioned as peaceful places to put aside differences, put aside faith, put aside drama, put aside politics, and to just further knowledge.

We have strayed so far, listened too long to the loudest voices instead those of reason. Determined to follow the letter of the law than the spirit. The spirit is long lost, bloodied, and tainted. I am not sure anyone knows what the spirit was any more. It was warped so long ago, and every side quotes the same people to further their argument.

I feel a kindred spirit with many forefathers and like to think I understand where many were coming from. But I could be as delusional as gun nuts, who think the same thing as they wave their guns around with a hat full of tea bags on their head (heh, teabaggers...).

I think reason was the rule with the original intent, and in an attempt to remain reasonable, certain things were kept too broad with the intention of future governments being able to adjust and add-on in order to adapt with the times. Because they were reasonable enough to keep things open ended and allow room for the document to live and change, but still keep the original spirit. But, future generations were less reasonable as power quickly corrupted the work that was done, blemishing reason and using power to make the rules instead.

Blah. Stopping now. All of it sickens me. More than guns. All the warping. The future I see is disgusting and embarrassing. I need to get my passport so I can flee when it gets intolerable. I really think that within my lifetime there will be either a total meltdown or complete crackdown into a warped nation-state under corporate control. Regardless of the government facade that will probably be maintained, everyone will know soon who is really in charge. Just like communist nations. People look the other way, they pretend so they don't have to deal with reality. But they will know, it will be too obvious to make excuses soon enough. By then it is too late.

THIS SHIT IS RUINING MY AWESOME DAY. It is raining outside and it smells like rain and I get to wear my cute cold weather clothes and it is AWESOME. Stupid selfish moronic assholes ruining my homeland...

• Hug Hug x 2
  17. Kita

Kita Should Update Title

I am thinking that the NRA should be required to write letters to the mothers of slain children of school shootings, thanking them for their child's sacrifice in the name of preserving the constitutional rights for the rest of the nation. The NRA should be thankful to them, and apologetic that their children had to die in order to preserve their rights and freedoms granted under the constitution. The children would not have died in the NRA's war if they had let gun legislation pass, so they certainly should be thankful for the sacrifice every American who dies by a gun has made.

But I am reasonable, and realize without guns, the idiot could have made a bomb too. Or poisoned others. Whatever. There is a social aspect to be sure, and guns are not 100% to be blamed. Making them such an easy option for an unstable person having a bad day is the problem with guns. Not caring for the unstable person is society's problem. Solving the gun issue would not solve the crazies issue, but it would take the edge off. Solving the crazies issue is a bigger, systemic one that takes time and only gets exponentially worse the longer it is ignored. Then guns enable them. And bombs and poison too, but those are harder to get a hold of and require planning, and therefore more likely to be reconsidered instead of an easy option during a manic swing. Solving the social issue is vital here, and would take the edge off the gun issue. Addressing both would make these incidents incredibly isolated, instead of a weekly tragedy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Kita

Kita Should Update Title

I should have read the latest news. Prez took the words out of my mouth:

3:43: President Barack Obama: "This is a political choice that we make to allow this to happen every few months in America. We are collectively answerable to those families who lose their loved ones because of our inaction. When Americans are killed in mine disasters, we work to make mines safer. ... When roads are unsafe, we fix them to reduce auto fatalities. We have seatbelt laws because we know it saves lives. The notion that gun violence is somehow different and our freedom and our constitution prohibits any modest regulation of how we use a deadly weapon when there are law-abiding gun owners all across the country who can hunt, protect their families, under such regulations, it doesn't make sense."

3:42: President Barack Obama: "What's also routine is that somebody somewhere will say Obama politicized this issue. This is something we should politicize. It is relevant to our common life together, to the body politic."

3:41: President Barack Obama: "Right now I can imagine the press releases being cranked out. We need more guns they'll argue, fewer gun safety laws. Does anybody really believe that? There are scores of responsible gun owners in this country. They know that's not true."

3:40: President Barack Obama: "Somehow this has become routine. The reporting is routine. My response here at this podium ends up being routine. The conversation in the aftermath of it. We've become numb to this. We talked about this after Columbia and Blacksburg, after Newberg, after Aurora, after Charleston. It cannot be this easy for someone who wants to inflict harm on other people to get their hands on a gun."

3:37: President Barack Obama:"We don't yet know why this individual did what he did. It's fair to say anybody who does this has a sickness in their minds, regardless of what they think their motivations may be. But we are not the only country on earth that has people with mental illnesses who want to do harm to other people. We are the only advanced country on earth that sees these kind of mass shootings every few months."

• Like Like x 2
    • Meh Meh x 1
  19. Kita

Kita Should Update Title

The racist crazies are coming me out and ticking me off. They are claiming it MUST be a black guy or a muslim. Based on the location and the ACTUAL facts about the demographics of mass shooters, it is over a 95% certainty that the guy was a mentally unstable white dude. Just like them. *rubs forehead*

You know what? Here is a pattern. It is NEVER a chick. Ever. I am going to start to claim shooters are most likely Asian and female and Amish because why else would things be so hushhush? The Amish mafia is keeping everyone quiet, the president doesn't want to tick off the Chinese, and those fucking feminists are obviously using their power to cover it all up. See? Now I can be a crazy too!

In all seriousness? Mass shooters and serial killers are always, ALWAYS in the exact same categories as the Drudge-ites. Doesn't that worry them that such a level of absolute batshit insanity not displayed by ANY OTHER demographic than the very specific one they are members of worry them? Or at least make them question their own sanity? What am I saying, OF COURSE NOT. Part of being crazy is you don't know you are. Everyone else it. Ok white christian males of America. Maybe you should make a support group to talk about how those minorities are so scary, so you can kill each other off in your fits of crazy and ACTUALLY do something to help this country for once?

• Like Like x 2
    • Hug Hug x 1
  20. Kita

Kita Should Update Title

Oh gee. The guy was an unstable white male right-wing gun nut. Color me shocked. SHOCKED I say. I could have sworn this time... this time it would finally be the black Muslim brotherhood guy that all the other unstable white male right-wing gun nuts always predict. Oh darn. This was an isolated incident among this demographic anyways. The other unstable white male right-wing gun nuts will just ignore it so they are ready to root out the Muslim pattern of conspiracy next time! Probably only have to wade through about another 20 or so identical unstable white right-wing gun nut mass shootings before another black guy or muslim does something like this, but it will definitely prove the pattern and the conspiracy when it does!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1