Infraction Appeal Process

Discussion in 'gV engineering' started by Lias, 5 Sep 2011.

1. Jolene

Jolene Sarah's Apparent Alt
    Amazed

Exactly. Are we children here?

Must we negotiate every infraction we receive? Most likely, if you've received one, you have earned it.

Accept it, know that it is short-lived..and move on.

Conversely, one can choose to go whole-hog, out of anger, and post more infraction-worthy posts, and lose their posting ability completely.

I guess it all depends on whether or not you would like to retain posting abilities here.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Lias

Lias Open Community!
    Arsey

No one has attempted that or has suggested that.

I disagree.

That is one approach, and it one I have used. But on this infraction (for providing a link and suggesting that cato post in the Area17) I did nothing wrong and I expect that the individual deciding on what is an infraction would speak to me about it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jolene

Amazed

You are hung up on your infraction, while not seeing the big picture.

I think? We've discussed this for well over a week and nothing has changed, so that seems to mean that those in charge aren't listening, and aren't predisposed to having this argument in public with you, nor take away the infraction.

It's looking like? You accept it or not.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Jolene

Amazed

Nina states quite clearly: She won't accept any drama posts in non-drama areas.

Seems to be a pet peeve, due to the fact that it can totally derail a thread. Your post, while technically considered helpful? could also be seen as further derailment, and contributing to the problem.

Accept it, or not.

• Like Like x 2
  5. ev0L

ev0L Ghost in The Shell

Well Lias, you recieved a bogus infraction in that thread... as did I.
    Take it as a sign that someone has plans to get rid of you,
    some cant handle the fact that you just wont let them treat you how they want to.

6. Jolene

Amazed

Bullshit.

From what I saw of that thread, Evol set it in motion, much like he did around the board with his bulldyke comments.

As far as I'm concerned, it is he and he alone that should get an infraction when he starts this garbage.

If someone wanted to get rid of you, you'd be gone.

It's a bit like two kids fighting, and both being punished.

• Like Like x 2
  7. ev0L

ev0L Ghost in The Shell

Really? I was not involved in the drama at all,
    perhaps you could provide a link in that thread where I started it ?

8. colleen Criss

colleen Criss Your life will never be the same again.
    Cheerful

I agree with Jo and Liona on this . If you get an infraction on this forum you had it coming. I think nina has been very clear.

• Like Like x 2
  9. LeeHere Absent

LeeHere Absent Just Lee
    Creative

LOL! Don't do it, Jolene! :goofy:

• Like Like x 3
  10. Jolene

Amazed

Ack! Okay!

• Like Like x 5
  11. ev0L

ev0L Ghost in The Shell

This logic is what leads to some posters not receiving infractions while blatantly abusing the rules and rendering the entire forum useless.

12. colleen Criss

Cheerful

Solution for you ......STOP.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Lias

Lias Open Community!
    Arsey

I am seeing the big picture. As it stands now - admins can infract anything until it adds up to a ban and there is no process in place at all for a poster to attempt to put a stop to it.

Then I guess they have made it clear they will use the infraction system as they like with no set public rules on what an infraction is and how one can have wrongly applied infractions removed. And that's a shame.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Lias

Lias Open Community!
    Arsey

And I continue to state that I did not post any drama in that thread.

But when you and everyone else does it, it is not considered an infraction.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Cato Badger

Cato Badger Infractor

Nina is desperate for mods as it must be such a chore for her to have to pretend to be a whole solar system so you could always offer to help out and then give infractions at random until it became really obvious that the system was ridiculous and it would mean that you could post a bit even when you were suspended.

Or is that what is happening now???

• Like Like x 1
  16. colleen Criss

Cheerful

Many have been given infractions Lias and are not making it an issue. Let it go. Yours have expired, yes? Be mindful of yourself and let it go. Just like everyone else.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Lias

Lias Open Community!
    Arsey

I'm asking question bcause there was no rational reason that I should be given an infraction for what is obviously acceptable posting by everyone else (as I just illustrated by posting on f the many requests to post in the correct area by other posters)
    I cannot be mindful when there is no rhyme or reason for doling out infractions, no consistency of what is an infraction and no ability to discuss and/or appeal an infraction before or after being banned.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Jolene

Amazed

You know damn well that Evol plays the non-drama areas to post his shit.

That is where he posted his Bulldyke thread.

That's a whole different animal than your infraction, and yes, go back and see who set you on that path.

Really.

Can you not see that he WANTS you to react to his crap in NON-DRAMA threads, so that YOU will get an infraction?

19. Lain

Lain End of line. #resist
    Sneaky

dance guy.gif

20. Jolene

Amazed

Else he would NEVER have posted his Bulldyke thread in the OnTopic area.