Infraction Appeal Process

Discussion in 'gV engineering' started by Lias, 5 Sep 2011.

1. Lias

Lias Open Community!
    Arsey

I don't mind 'playing' with cato in the correct section. And I did move his posts from the SFW area to the Saloon and went a few rounds with him.

Then, several hours after we had moved to the correct area, I received an infraction for asking him (politely) to move over to the NSFW area with me - which he did with no further comment to me in that SFW area. There was no drama.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ev0L

ev0L Ghost in The Shell

Your not even in the same argument there, do you even know what thread you are in ?
    :angel:

3. Jolene

Jolene Sarah's Apparent Alt
    Amazed

Oh I see..And I see your little game.

4. ev0L

ev0L Ghost in The Shell

Well, I am done with your little game trying to goad me into an infraction here by your starting drama.

you have a nice evening. :hug:

5. Jolene

Jolene Sarah's Apparent Alt
    Amazed

You are sick. Just sick. Go get medication.

Do you think that your little ETA about having an nice evening means a thing, considering what you do on this board?

Folks see your game. Funny how you NOW claim that I'm trying to goad you into an infraction, AFTER I pointed out your game.

You are pathetic. Truly pathetic.

Isn't there a 4chan board with your name on it? You'd love it there, I bet.

• Like Like x 1
  6. colleen Criss

colleen Criss Your life will never be the same again.
    Cheerful

I went back to look , I can't find what actually happened and I was not here when it did. My point is this , I think if I'm reading nina properly ....there is no more planet/poster governance anymore. The attempt failed and the process was pretty much closed. So I am guessing gV posters will take what they get.

Good luck.

7. Maryanne

Maryanne Running Naked through the Forums going "Wheee!"
    Balanced

I don't think you're gonna get that appeals process you wanted. What was Plan B?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Lias

Lias Open Community!
    Arsey

I don't see why not.

9. Maryanne

Balanced

'Why' or 'Why Not' wasn't the point. The point was that I don't think Nina's going to give you that process you've been asking for. It's been a week now, with no responses, comments or actions on that topic.

But delving into the "Why Not" part of it for a bit...simply because she runs this place and doesn't want to. In the end, she's the final arbiter of who stays or goes around here. You can put in whatever process you want, with all the bells, whistles, flashing lights, and gizmoes you want. But what it will boil down to is Nina taking one look at it and saying "yes" or "no". Which can be done just as easily with an email OR public thread to her.

The site's not that big. She'll find it either way.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Lias

Lias Open Community!
    Arsey

I find it odd that because Pep and some others trolled the community governance development threads until she had to close them that no community member will ever will be heard again. It doesn't make much sense to me. The board is less than a year old. Giving up at this point seems premature.

11. Maryanne

Balanced

What giving up?? You can be heard all you want. You can either PM her or open a public thread. You'll be heard.

It seems we're arguing over the FORMAT of being heard. Do you think a neon-lit, blinking and beeping appeal will have any more traction than an email or a new thread??

• Like Like x 1
  12. Lias

Lias Open Community!
    Arsey

obviously not. No forum decisions have been made with community input since we all spoke on the development of Area 17 several months ago.

I said the process needs to be written down under the 'Help' area. And there needs to be a written description of what constitutes 'causing drama' and that should remain consistent.

And I see no reason why such an reasonable request should be ignored.

13. ev0L

ev0L Ghost in The Shell

Yes, time to face the music, you are marked for termination and the autonomous drones have been launched.

Stay away from blue tarps !!
    I repeat: Stay away from blue tarps !!
    :hug:

14. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy HUZZAH!
    Scurvy

I believe Nina did answer this by way of saying you can't put hard limits on what "causing drama" is, because in a forum you need some leeway.
    Hard limits attract attacks on those limits or dancing on the skirts of them, where they break the spirit of the law but not the hard letter of it.

15. ev0L

ev0L Ghost in The Shell

Soft limits enables creative moderation which excludes select members from receiving infractions
    leading to an uneven playing field.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy HUZZAH!
    Scurvy

Honestly... so fucking what?
    It's a forum and a person is in charge, pretty much given for a forum.
    Whoever in is in charge will always have final say and most likely will be a bit... amorphous... in their rules.

My take is, have fun and if the boss thinks yer a douche... you're gonna get whatever they feel like doing.
    Oh fucking well. :shrug:

• Like Like x 3
  17. Lias

Lias Open Community!
    Arsey

And you need consistency also. So I ask CaTo to please take the off-topic banter to NSFW and he does so without any comment in the SFW area. And that's an infraction.

This week Jolene asks someone to take off-topic discussions to Area17 after a lengthy argument and no one gets an infraction.

I cannot disagree with this statement more. Purposely creating grey areas in forum rules is not something that is happening here. Something like that does not foster stability and trust.

18. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy HUZZAH!
    Scurvy

Personally, I think it was because you used "Pep-lite" to refer to Cato.
    I could be wrong, but it seems like the most possible reason to me.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Lias

Lias Open Community!
    Arsey

And hours later, Cato did not respond in the SFW thread, but was responding to me in the NSFW thread. Wad referred to me as some rude name in many SFW threads for months and he never recieved a single infraction for it even when I publicly complained about it.

Consistency is important.

20. Lain

Lain End of line. #resist
    Sneaky

Who are these 'untouchable members', exactly?