Is SL still a thing?

Discussion in 'theGrid' started by sacralita, 22 Sep 2014.

1. sacralita

sacralita Homo Superior

I haven't played in 4 years. I checked in today and even the recommended places are dead. Where is everyone?

2. Govi

Govi Ça va chier.
    Bitchy

Numbers of old timers logging in are down, if my Calling Card notifications are any sign. However, if new friends are acceptable, concurrency is relatively constant. About half of the "live music" venues (in Events) are quite crowded every evening SL time.

3. sacralita

sacralita Homo Superior

eh, I'll be getting back to real life soon enough that new friends aren't worth it.

4. Lain

Lain End of line. #resist
    Sneaky

I logged in once last month, someone offered to share some newly acquired widget that had some wholly inappropriate options, someone asked me for lindens to buy new hair (desperately needed new hair), and I waved at Sarah.

Good times.

5. sacralita

sacralita Homo Superior

Speaking of widgets, when did gatchas start and exactly what are they?

6. Lain

Sneaky

Ask Lain, she's a member of the.... shut up, stop taking my keyboard, DAMNIT I WAS TYPING!

• Laugh Laugh x 1
  7. Jolene

Jolene Sarah's Apparent Alt
    Amazed

I believe gatchas are kind of like bubble gum machines. You pay your lindens for the chance to get a particular color/style of an item, and you may or may not get that, but you do get one of the items.

It has spawned much trading of the items, as people sometimes don't like what they got, and want what someone else got.

8. nina

nina still prettier than you
    Nerdy

i logged into sl last week for the first time in at least 18 months.
    first thing i noticed was that my av doesnt look at good as it used too :(

9. Ajax Manatiso

Ajax Manatiso Everybody lambada!
    Dancing

I had a popular sim for 7 years. It's popularity went way down and I closed the sim. Haven't been around much. I blame it on mesh. Thats not why people went to SL.

10. Govi

Govi Ça va chier.
    Bitchy

How would mesh affect the popularity of Second Life sim?

11. Lain

Sneaky

It's all just a big mesh now. :D