Mediation Pit

Discussion in 'gV governance' started by Lias, 25 Nov 2010.

1. Lias

Lias Open Community!
    Arsey

SUGGESTION: A section of the forum that is like the cornfield but we call it "The Mediation Pit'. The folks who's argument goes viral have a choice to go there or drop the argument and move on talking about something else. People can invite others they are having a hard time with to the Mediation Pit at anytime also - just to keep nasty arguments from spreading all over the board. There is no greek chorus of giddy sycophants enjoying that some people 'got shut down'. That nasty behavior is discouraged.

Those in the Mediation Pit can choose a mediator or be assigned one (or more than one). Once they click the 'Peace' button they are returned to the community. People are positively encouraged to use the Mediation Pit as often as it takes for them to work things out with individual posters. Perhaps get an option for instant message chat in that section of the forum.

DISCUSS please.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Morgaine Alter

Morgaine Alter ppl watching what I like

not so bad to have an area to bring said stuff too so it does not go all over the board
    Momma said there would be days like this...

• Like Like x 2
  3. ev0L

ev0L Ghost in The Shell

When you enter the Pit... maybe a flash game or something could start...
    say two bobblehead characters... with boxing gloves...
    the winner of the game wins the argument :)

could call the game Bobble Boxers !!

ahem... if you read this post and develop said game you are entering a contract to license the idea from me for 25% royalties :D

• Like Like x 2
  4. ev0L

ev0L Ghost in The Shell

Addendum... if both parties are female... then a mudwrestling match would be more appropriate :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. Lias

Lias Open Community!
    Arsey

Ev0l I really like that cooky idea! Take the anger amd seriousness away from the confrontation. Perhaps the flash game can have the faces of the folks in the mediation pit and they can beat each other up a few times to help get it out of their system.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Mulch

Mulch Why does the drum come hither?
    Psychedelic

i like the rockem sockem robots idea, but i am not a fan of trying to quarantine drama in a pit

drama sells

• Like Like x 3
  7. Morgaine Alter

Morgaine Alter ppl watching what I like

besides this may wind up as a small forum anyway and dont know if that will be needed.
    who knows even with a small place it may

8. Lias

Lias Open Community!
    Arsey

ALSO: MOD FLAGS AS WARNINGS:

Instead of a Mod jumping in a thread and threatening a poster in front of the entire community - causing more of a confrontation, let there be a 4 flag system put in place. If a mod sends you 4 flags on a subject you are posting about in the same thread then you are sent off to the Mediation Pit with the peron(s) you are arguing with(it takes (at least) two to argue. Only the poster can see their flags on their account. And they can click each flag and see what the Moderator notes are to them regarding the post that was flagged. These moderator notes should not contain threats or snarky comments.

Perhaps after the third flag the posters will receive a private chat from a Mod to remind them they are one flag away from the mediation pit. People should be able to ask for a review of a flag and have it removed if the Mod sees they were mistaken.

DISCUSS please.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mulch

Psychedelic

i really dont think moderation is a good topic to base a community on

• Like Like x 2
  10. Lias

Lias Open Community!
    Arsey

The cornfield gets it's share of an audience - as can the Mediation Pit. The people in the pit can invite in whom they like. I am sure there will be a back-stage pass set aside for you for every match Mulch.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Lias

Lias Open Community!
    Arsey

Not basing the community on it - making it apart of it - since there is no SL forum out there that has even addressed this issue - It is well past time to do so. With an international community with people from all walks of life - a common ground development area is a must.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Love

Love Feel the love
    Bored

As long as it's completely optional, and that it's called "The Thunderdome", and finally that two accounts enter, one account leaves.

Sure.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Lias

Lias Open Community!
    Arsey

Well it won't be completely optional after you get 4 flags from a Mod. I would start shit with you until we both got sent there and then I would kick your lilly white ass. PEACE.

• Like Like x 2
  14. ev0L

ev0L Ghost in The Shell

I have actually had that idea for awhile now... its one of those "when I get around to it things".

• Like Like x 2
  15. Love

Love Feel the love
    Bored

Well ignoring the silly internet bravery (which I hope was just a joke, in which case hahaha), I'm against the idea then.

Completely and thoroughly against it.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Lias

Lias Open Community!
    Arsey

Any ideas how to modify disputes and nasty forum warz when they get out of hand? A policy you can think of?

17. Love

Love Feel the love
    Bored

I see no reason to try to police it, since you've asked.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Mulch

Psychedelic

i ask again

IS this a second life forum?

i still see no evidence of that

19. Love

Love Feel the love
    Bored

There is a forum called, "The Grid" with the description, "discussions pertaining to virtual worlds, such as second life."

So partly. But by proportion, something less than an eighth.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Mulch

Psychedelic

i rarely buy less than an 1/8

there is no quantity discount that way and you get taxed harder

i see more references to space than second life, so i would be more inclined to call this an astronomy forum than a second life forum