Mediation Pit

Discussion in 'gV governance' started by Lias, 25 Nov 2010.

1. Love

Love Feel the love
    Bored

How is that worse?!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy HUZZAH!
    Scurvy

Right, so wouldn't they NOT want something like a Cornfield?
    am I understanding you correctly?

• Like Like x 1
  3. colleen Criss

colleen Criss Your life will never be the same again.
    Cheerful

I would say over all cornfield or like is prolly a really bad idea Kick.

• Like Like x 4
  4. LeeHere Absent

LeeHere Absent Just Lee
    Creative

Bloomin' heck, I've already read 11 pages of the bloomin' thing, I might as well finish. Oh fudge, where am I? *looks around* Dang it! *edits* Frickemfrackemfrick. [​IMG]

Fudge that.

Cool. [​IMG]

Thank you.

She's just playin' anyhow.

No. [​IMG]

Apparently he does. He should have listened to colleen. He may be my first pick for...

Thunderdome!

[​IMG]

(I actually say that in my mind like the big, booming announcer voice, just so you all know.)

• Like Like x 1
  5. GradyE

GradyE Hybrid Angel
    Angelic

I'm tired, don't question me! I just happened (given the subject under discussion) to image google "sexy gladiator" and she popped up. My point being simply there are worse things than arguing about who won a thunderdome/gladiator contest if she was one of the participants or something like that.

*waves nini for now and goes of to faceplant a pillow.

(Here she is again just in case you missed her the first time. :p)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  6. LeeHere Absent

LeeHere Absent Just Lee
    Creative

Eggsactly.

WTF is RME?

• Like Like x 1
  7. LeeHere Absent

LeeHere Absent Just Lee
    Creative

She looks nice.

8. colleen Criss

colleen Criss Your life will never be the same again.
    Cheerful

LOL net speak , it's mind boggling *RME* is rolls my eyes.

9. LeeHere Absent

LeeHere Absent Just Lee
    Creative

We sort of covered the Cornfield thing over in the Move or Delete thread, Kick.

10. LeeHere Absent

LeeHere Absent Just Lee
    Creative

Ahhhh, I see. Thank you.

11. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy HUZZAH!
    Scurvy

Yeah, I'm keeping stride with several threads... replying where convenient.
    Just making sure all the dots are connected. :)

Cool. Same page, we're on it. :hug:

• Like Like x 3
  12. Lias

Lias Open Community!
    Arsey

It's based on individual behavior contracts signed off by a mediator. People have to be honorable and adhere to what they signed.

Admins flag flaming posts. Once you get three flags you wake up in the Mediation Pit. Sign the 'Peace' contract and leave duly warned. Or stay and invite your adversary into a pit with you.

13. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy HUZZAH!
    Scurvy

So, people aren't quarantined? They just go there of their own free will and following rules?

And if you get flagged and sent to The Mediation Pit, you can just up and leave if you want? But the point is to learn that you posted something shitty and should try not to do that again? OR, invite your adversary into the pit for a calm mediation? (As in, the point is to kiss and make up, not to charge at each other with cars that have dildos strapped to them? <- HEY! LEE! That last italicized line is for you! Do you know the movie?!?)

Also, thank you Lias, for your reply. :)

• Like Like x 2
  14. Pep

Pep Eats Mars for breakfast

I've changed my mind. Rather than read multiple boooooooooooooring squabbles about moderation techniques and forum taxonomy I am now endorsing completely anonymous arbitrary (no rules, no explanations) moderation . . .

Pep ( . . . and if you don't like it - or you are forced to by a completely unjustified and unsubstantiated ban - go play somewhere else.)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy HUZZAH!
    Scurvy

Pep, you're reminding me of what I thought SCmkII was all aboot.
    (Not misspelled, I just went Canadian for a second there.)

Or rather, what my viewpoint was on whatever happened there. I figured, the admin/mods will do as they will, it's their place. If I had a problem I could leave, but whatever happens is up to them. I even stated as such a couple times... saying I didn't care if I was sent to the Cornfield for no reason, a lame reason, or whatever.

BUT, I have to say I don't want to see gV become that ideal. While I can play along with it, this forum seems to be fairly unique and I'd like to see it grow in it's original spirit, rather than change course and actually just become SCmkIII. (Not that I have much against SCmkII, just sayin....)

• Like Like x 2
  16. Pep

Pep Eats Mars for breakfast

The problem with SC2 was that they claimed there was no moderation . . .

Pep ( . . . but there was.)

PS When I was there, The Cornfield was the only place to be.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Lias

Lias Open Community!
    Arsey

They can snap out of it (chill) and ignore the person flaming them or invite them to hash it out without mucking up the entire board. They can choose anyone to mediate and they can choose posters to come watch the battle or keep it private between the two adversaries.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy HUZZAH!
    Scurvy

Right. Except...

Which is how I saw SCmkII. We expected one method but got another at times. things got really funky a hell of a lot more than once.
    Unlike most others, I was fine with that. Because it's what I expected.
    I went in knowing that the admin/mods had control and could do what they want, I'm in their playground.
    If they decided to throw me in the Cornfield for no good reason, I'm fine with that. That's what that forum is to me.
    Basically the "no rules, no moderation" vibe, in my view, wasn't just for the posters. It went for the admin/mods as well.
    BUT...

I'm not cool with that for gV. Not that I truly have a say in the matter, bu in my view... that's not what gV is about.

With that in mind, I'm basically saying that if gV is a local dive bar, then SCmkII is an old western saloon.

AND... THIS!
    [​IMG]

Which has nothing to do with anything.
    Except that I just opened beer #3.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Sole Demina

Sole Demina Proud Redhead

what interests me more is: how did you happen to google "sexy gladiator" ? :angel:

• Like Like x 1
  20. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy HUZZAH!
    Scurvy

OK, so yeah. The ideas are similar to a point.
    You are looking for more of a "peaceful talking mediation", while Lain and Lee are more gung ho on the "beating each other until the fumes are vented"?

It seems your idea, Lias, would work within the forums. And the fights would be outside the forums.

I can see your idea working Lias, as long as nobody is forced into anything.
    Just as I can see the Rockem Sockem idea working.

From my viewpoint, we're all good now.
    Just have to say "Yo, Mars, we gotz ideas. You can haz them. Let us know wut u decide."
    (Which, we already have said that. So now... we're just treading water?)