Move or Delete

Discussion in 'gV governance' started by LeeHere Absent, 28 Mar 2011.

1. LeeHere Absent

LeeHere Absent Just Lee
    Creative

The question of whether posts should be moved or deleted has been raised. I know the decision is ultimately up to the administration of gV, but since the culture of gV is based on community feedback, I thought it would be worth our giving feedback on this subject in a thread opened for that purpose.

Thanks for the feedback space, Mars.

• Like Like x 1
  2. LeeHere Absent

LeeHere Absent Just Lee
    Creative

This conversation is based somewhat, but not entirely, on conversations in the Mars Got Mad and please... threads.

3. LeeHere Absent

LeeHere Absent Just Lee
    Creative

I'm going to post Lain's two posts on the subject here from the Mars Got Mad thread because I support her position and would like to see it included in the gV feedback.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Stephie

Stephie Should Update Title

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. LeeHere Absent

LeeHere Absent Just Lee
    Creative

This is my own feedback on the subject:

• Like Like x 2
  6. Lias

Lias Open Community!
    Arsey

Make a admin thread area entitled 'garbage' and move them there (the RL info posts should be deleted completely). Leave a link to the garbage in the thread it was removed from.

• Like Like x 3
  7. LeeHere Absent

LeeHere Absent Just Lee
    Creative

I agree with deleting RL information posts and posts with illegal information or images that could jeopardize the site as outlined in the community standards, of course, but only those posts. We have a place for all other posts and threads in area17 and the NSFW section. We could have individual mirror threads or one thread for moved posts.

• Like Like x 3
  8. GradyE

GradyE Hybrid Angel
    Angelic

I have qualms about either. I am assuming we are just discussing official Mars threads?

I don't like deleted posts, the remaining thread can become confusing. I think that moving a post to a "detritus" thread in Area 17 (perhaps with a note from Mars in it's place?) would be ok but only if the person responsible had their posting privileges in the original Mars/planet thread in question withdrawn.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Lain

Lain End of line. #resist
    Sneaky

I agree that illegal materials or real life information should be removed at the earliest possible opportunity. Outside of those boundaries, I stick to my original statement, there is no cause to remove information that has been out there for some to see, and others to be in the dark about. If you want to discuss it further, make a new thread and put it there.

Good Times

ETA: I think people who violate the MARS thread asshat rule should be removed from the thread in question, and repeated offenses should result in their banishment from participation (because obviously they don't get it).

• Like Like x 3
  10. colleen Criss

colleen Criss Your life will never be the same again.
    Cheerful

Mars has always been very clear about what is and is not permitted in admin threads. I see no reason to question what Mars decided at all. The rules were clear. The rules were broken, the post removed and the thread closed. Mar sees it as no longer important therefore it is not important. RULES , I know they are hated BUT in all lives they exist. Mars and the board admin have been very very tolerant all over this forum I think.

Lets face it there is more freedom here to speak w/o being modded then anywhere and no one here has ever been modded cuz of an avatars butthurt.

• Like Like x 2
  11. GradyE

GradyE Hybrid Angel
    Angelic

Exakt.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Wad

Wad Drama is Fascinating
    Zorro

No post/thread should be relegated to "garbage" or "wasteland" (unless it's by me, and done from the vantage point of my superior perspective on all matters...naturally :rolleye: ).

I agree with everything else posted in this thread thus far...to wit:

• Delete all RL info or otherwise illegal content without delay, notifying poster of the basis for the deletion. If repeated, intentionally, then deletion as well as curtailment of posting privilege.
    • Provide "anything goes" areas where, well...anything goes (subject to the limitations enumerated above). Both mods/admins and 'regulars' should feel free to make liberal use of these 'play areas', without prejudice. :cool:

• Like Like x 4
  13. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy HUZZAH!
    Scurvy

I vote for moving them to a new thread for further discussion and being able to reference the comment(s).

UNLESS, of course, if the post reveals RL info or contains something truly atrocious and sickening or something like that.

• Like Like x 2
  14. LeeHere Absent

LeeHere Absent Just Lee
    Creative

My intention was to discuss moving or deleting any and all posts. That can be drilled down into specific conversations. One I think we can all agree on is posts containing RL information or content that jeopardizes the site (they should be deleted). Another conversation would be posts in the community areas. Another would be posts in official Mars threads. There might be still more we haven't thought of yet.

• Like Like x 1
  15. colleen Criss

Cheerful

Ish knew how to find Area17 and choose not to do that. I think it was more to see how far that Mars might be pushed, we have found it.

16. LeeHere Absent

LeeHere Absent Just Lee
    Creative

1. I support deleting or modding posts with real life information and posts with content that could jeopardize the site.

2. I support moving inappropriate posts from admin threads to area17.

3. I support locking admin threads whenever the admin feels it is appropriate to do so.

4. I support moving content (posts or threads) that have "potentially volatile subject matter, such as cross-site drama or other content which may encourage aggravation" to area17 and content "of an adult nature" to mature-NSFW.

- Lee

• Like Like x 4
  17. Wad

Wad Drama is Fascinating
    Zorro

Well, along that issue, and speaking as a noob...Area 17 needs to be renamed/moved/whatever. There's absolutely nothing intuitive about "Area 17", so it's therefore useless for its intended purpose, imho.

• Like Like x 3
  18. colleen Criss

Cheerful

I think Mars has taken this un consideration if you look at the posts made by Mars.

19. Bunnie

Bunnie Everybody loves the sunshine.
    Baked

Is Area 17 like the naughty corner?

*plans to spend a lot of time there

• Like Like x 5
  20. colleen Criss

Cheerful

Area 17 is the trauma/drama corner.