Move or Delete

Discussion in 'gV governance' started by LeeHere Absent, 28 Mar 2011.

1. Love

Love Feel the love
    Bored

But if colleen doesn't care about this issue, what makes you think you should?

• Like Like x 1
  2. LeeHere Absent

LeeHere Absent Just Lee
    Creative

I do think it would be a good idea to ban me from the admin section. I just post too fast and furious (not angry) and free to watch myself in such a small section of the forum. And I do know about the node descriptions. Cut me out of there and I won't have to look where I am so often or risk offending planets... and Lias and colleen...well, in the admin section at any rate. We both know I'm going to offend them elsewhere.

3. LeeHere Absent

LeeHere Absent Just Lee
    Creative

Oh my God. I GET IT NOW!!!! Never mind everybody!

[​IMG]

(Do we need to explain that we are joking?)

4. colleen Criss

colleen Criss Your life will never be the same again.
    Cheerful

:) I could be wrong but I think I'm sensing oh I don't know condescending .....tone to your post? Is it possible that because I see no point to the petty net battles that you think my opinion is less then relevant to the forum? I quietly sate clearly what YOU asked for....opinion and discussion, you have posted yours and in a couple threads even, or am I incorrect?

5. colleen Criss

Cheerful

Oh for pete sake Lee that's a little over dramatic for you is it not? You've been around the forums long enuf to know better. You clearly stated you are an ADULT so, with that said as an ADULT just do not go post in admin, its just that simple. The rest of that almost sounds like you are upset cuz Lias pointed out where Mars MAY have seen the offending post go bad.

6. LeeHere Absent

LeeHere Absent Just Lee
    Creative

No. I think you might be saying that our opposing opinions are less relevant, particularly because of condescending comments about "petty net battles" and tinfoil hat smilies. I think Love is picking up on that too. I'd be delighted to be wrong about all that. You might notice a little attitude over the fact that it appears necessary for me to repeat and clarify over and over. But that could be my fault. Maybe I really was not clear in the these three threads (that you even referenced). I am sincere about the necessity of having your opposing opinion in this feedback thread. I think we've got it. And yes, we needed it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Love

Love Feel the love
    Bored

It's certainly true that you are incredibly oblique in expressing your opinions, and no one can really tell where you stand.

• Like Like x 2
  8. LeeHere Absent

LeeHere Absent Just Lee
    Creative

I can see where it would appear to be dramatic. Really. Totally. I get that. It's not though. It's a practical suggestion. Totally and completely practical. Even a little selfish.

9. LeeHere Absent

LeeHere Absent Just Lee
    Creative

I really must work on that. Maybe I could get some communication training...

• Like Like x 1
  10. LeeHere Absent

LeeHere Absent Just Lee
    Creative

I modded myself out of two posts in that thread alone before the Ishina thing ever came up. This isn't new news. This isn't a new topic. My position on it isn't new. I'm not the only one saying, "fudge (for admin section benefit), I forget where the fudge I was 'cuz I got carried away posting again. Where the fudge should I take this convo now? Oh yeah..." and so forth. Yes. I'm an adult and have self-control and I can do it and all that. But if people can ask for ignore buttons and subforum blocks, then I don't think I'm totally out of line to say, "aw heck, just ban my asterisk out of that section and save me some trouble too." It works either way. The main point of this thread is that I support the idea of moving, not deleting and I've covered that and then some.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy HUZZAH!
    Scurvy

Where's that damn Laugh button?!?

~

Colleen, I think this is one of those times where posters are like strangers passing in the dark.
    As in, the point about the "history" of posts in a forum being important to some people and what it means to each other.
    I think you're saying you don't see the sense of saving something that is fucked up.
    But, on the other hand, Lee is saying she would rather have ALL information saved for reference.

That's the main point really.
    Lee is worried about censorship.
    You're worried about freedom going to far.

Please correct me if I'm wrong no any points!!

• Like Like x 1
  12. colleen Criss

Cheerful

Why are you concerned over my tinfoil hat , it was not directed at you or the thread overall it was in fact directed at one person and one person only and with reason and that will always be my reply to her if she continues to address me directly , she can talk or poke or pick at me all over the damn forum till her nails break it could not matter any less to me at all. I will not acknowledge her , respond to her in any shape or form from here out, totally non existent to me So now that we have put that to rest....... :)

On the other hand, I will validate that you have made your point, we are all aware of your point OR for the record , which seems to be really important here....*I* am totally clear on your position and agree with one or 2 points as well. Because I have offered and added my thoughts and opinions on this thread like EVERYONE else it seems to have rubbed you wrong , sorry for that.

I'm here , post with me, to me , at me, around me or not at all , all will work well if it makes you feel better BUT don't get pissed off when someone points out obvious *behaviors* and refer to it as net nannying , its not ...its an opinion JUST Like yours just like every other poster to this forum. I find it hysterical ya'll come in here like you just entered the bar down the street and JUST like the bar down the street encounter people who fail to see the humor or point and get pissed off about them not caring , tolerating or quietly cowering in the corner booth BUT scream the rafters down IF they dare say * whatever *.

As far as being irritated over responding paragraph for paragraph to questions YOU asked for feedback THAT is totally up to you HOW you want to respond BUT let me just point out one thing .....Don't ask for discussion and opinions and not expect to have to *explain* , discuss and often discuss again, yanno ...its all lol historical as its been pointed out . So we do want to be clear and maybe we do have to clarify things sometimes , its TYPE and I know you know , that all people read , comprehend and understand on all different levels.

13. GradyE

GradyE Hybrid Angel
    Angelic

I have to say that at this point in my forum experience I think the cornfield as a concept is pernicious and did more harm than good.

• Like Like x 4
  14. LeeHere Absent

LeeHere Absent Just Lee
    Creative

Alrighty then. Thank you, colleen.

15. LeeHere Absent

LeeHere Absent Just Lee
    Creative

I hear ya. I'm actually pretty good about self-quarantining. I've done something like it on two forums. I mentioned before in another thread here on gV that that's why I start most of my threads in the NSFW section. But I know you are talking about forum-wide, and yeah, I do hear ya. It looked good to me, but you lived it.

• Like Like x 1
  16. GradyE

GradyE Hybrid Angel
    Angelic

Mars may simply not have noticed, or felt that as the thread became inactive on it's own it was better to let sleeping threads lie. I don't know. People sometimes seem to assume that the owner/admin is on the watch in every thread 24/7. That is certainly not the case.

• Like Like x 4
  17. LeeHere Absent

LeeHere Absent Just Lee
    Creative

Ya know, Grady, I know it has been covered somewhat, but maybe you could talk about why it (cornfield) turned out to do more harm than good. Maybe a quick bullet point list or something. If you're willing. No harm, no foul if not.

18. Lias

Lias Open Community!
    Arsey

Like a loaded gun in the hands of drunk suburban teenagers on the weekend.

19. Wad

Wad Drama is Fascinating
    Zorro

I'm at your disposal. When would you like to set up your first instructional session? :D

:popcorn: :whistling: :rock: :sneaky:

20. colleen Criss

Cheerful

You are not wrong Kick.

I would point out that Lee is very historical, we have references all over this forum shes brought over from other forums, some have been *meh* and some have been hysterical but what I fail to see is how history , better yet...history from other forums pertain to gV. I admit , lol...over and over again I am NOT part of any of the past dramas and or histories so they have very little meaning for me in all honesty BUT I am a poster here and I can't be the only poster who is new and not part of the trauma, I just have responded to her call for thoughts and opinions .

This forum is not owned by US we were invited to this forum in some fashion, for all we know it could be owned by Lias or you BUT it is governed by a planet or planets and its possible the planets don't give a fig about past trauma / drama and other forums either. The point is Mars decided there was a clear violation and took action.

• Like Like x 1