Move or Delete

Discussion in 'gV governance' started by LeeHere Absent, 28 Mar 2011.

1. GradyE

GradyE Hybrid Angel
    Angelic

Um, no. Not really.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Lain

Lain End of line. #resist
    Sneaky

The cornfield was a tool used by the administration and it's associates to imprison posters in a way that allowed others to drop in and ridicule them and then step out when it suited them. Being in the cornfield meant you couldnt post outside of that area so they could create threads about you and make passive aggressive attackes in other areas without you being able to do much about it.

This tactic was employed when they (falsely) accused me of hacking the board, in an effort to ensure I couldn't speak out. They began the accusation thread in the main area, and cornfielded me so I couldn't respond.

Good Times.

• Like Like x 2
  3. LeeHere Absent

LeeHere Absent Just Lee
    Creative

This. [​IMG]

4. LeeHere Absent

LeeHere Absent Just Lee
    Creative

So from all the people who are voting for "move" and not "delete" an explanation of why would be appreciated, yes?

5. Love

Love Feel the love
    Bored

That being the case, why do you feel the need to push your values on those who do have the history and wish to have it out? That's what your posts look like. They seem to say, "you're all inferior for stooping to talk about this. You should all be like me." (ignorant of what's going on and passing judgment anyway.)

No, don't answer. ;)

I suggest you go to the initial Mars threads and read what this forum is about. The conditions under which Mars is operating gV are clear. You might be enlightened.
    No, don't answer. :tinfoil:

• Like Like x 1
  6. GradyE

GradyE Hybrid Angel
    Angelic

I think it was abused in that some people found themselves there for things that did not in my opinion merit that kind of discipline. In other words it was sometimes personality based.

The humiliation factor inherent in it was divisive.

• Like Like x 5
  7. LeeHere Absent

LeeHere Absent Just Lee
    Creative

My Move Vote

I see it as a significant factor in the identity of gV. I've made that personal choice to see moving versus deleting of posts as a significant factor in the identity of gV. I see the potential for gV to be a non-delete, non-ban, low-mod forum, to continue to be. The "bar" instead of the "bistro." The forum I thought SC MKII wanted to be until I read the threads there. The forum that SLU and SLO cannot be.

This decision is significant to me because it indicates the identity and direction of gV to me. The historical and continuity and comprehensibility part is important, the non-censorship part is important, but the primary issue for me is what gV is and whether I want to be part of it. I came here and brought a couple of friends here because I thought it would be the "bar." I've invested in the site and I'm willing to state, strongly, how I feel about it, particularly as I have been invited to by the very nature of the feedback section and the "our rights," "our responsibilities," and "community governance."

I also know that it is a private forum and if the direction of gV changes (in my perception, I grant you), then I know I can move on, as we all do (know). I'd like to stay and see if I can influence it in the direction I'd like it to go in with feedback and fellow poster support, the direction I thought it was going in, the direction it may still be going in. That's why I'm voting for "move."

• Like Like x 1
  8. LeeHere Absent

LeeHere Absent Just Lee
    Creative

Thanks, Grady and Lain.

9. Love

Love Feel the love
    Bored

Certainly the whole, "we'll let you out when you're suitably penitent" thing was a bit much.

But it did work pretty well that one time.

• Like Like x 2
  10. LeeHere Absent

LeeHere Absent Just Lee
    Creative

I also do not want Mars to see all this (in multiple threads) and see it as some kind of massive Mars bashing. I'm a Mars fan. I've said it before, I'll say it here and now, and I feel sure I will have cause to say it again. I think Mars is doing a great job. I love the admin updates and the open communication with the "anonymous" mod. I love the site. I love its clean look, its easy, clean functionality and I love, love, love the idea of a no-ban, low-mod, free and open community forum. That's why I'm here. I do not mean to make this a negative. I just want to ask Mars to consider adopting a policy of moving posts, even offending posts in the admin section, rather than deleting posts. That's all. Everything else is extra.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Lias

Lias Open Community!
    Arsey

Love, it's not ignorant. Did you not read Mar's "please" post? This is not just Colleen, its the owner of the board.

Lobbing insults to garner a negative response from people you don't like is not forcing a discussion. It's forcing a flamewar and derailing a thread.

Why you are so bloodthirsty that you want to see strangers fight on the Internet I have no idea.

12. LeeHere Absent

LeeHere Absent Just Lee
    Creative

I saw some of that and I saw posts from people unsatisfied with the level of "punishment" being dealt or felt and it really rankled me. I think that is HUGELY inappropriate. I wrote a post about that kind of thinking here. Cody posted a very interesting response here.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Love

Love Feel the love
    Bored

My post to colleen is a post to colleen, about colleen's poor behaviour. Sorry if feel the need to hall-monitor me, but I'm not interested in your opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Lias

Lias Open Community!
    Arsey

Well, kind of. Maybe.

15. Bunnie

Bunnie Everybody loves the sunshine.
    Baked

My head is swimming on cough syrup and weed. These threads are all starting to blend together, man.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Love

Love Feel the love
    Bored

That sounds like a personal hell of some sort.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Lias

Lias Open Community!
    Arsey

Well! I'd never!

• Like Like x 1
  18. LeeHere Absent

LeeHere Absent Just Lee
    Creative

Not just for you.

19. LeeHere Absent

LeeHere Absent Just Lee
    Creative

I'm asking this seriously and with no snark or malice whatsoever, but out of a genuine interest to understand...was that a serious or a funny post? I'm completely sincere in my question.

• Like Like x 1
  20. nina

nina still prettier than you
    Nerdy

that ishina comment had been deleted for a long while before the thread was eventually closed. thats why there wasnt any discussion of its contents.
    as to 'move or delete' there is already a subnode dedicated to the split-off off-topic conversations; /dev/null.

• Like Like x 1