Of banths and humans

Discussion in 'mature-NSFW' started by Dejah Thoris, 17 Jul 2018.

Tags:
  1. Dejah Thoris

Dejah Thoris Daughter of Mors Kajak of Helium
    Zorro

There were times when the fighting seemed endless; that for John Carter and me there would never be peace. Worse, it seemed that often I was the prize in a seemingly endless game of keep-away. At my beloved father's bidding, I would go forth on some peaceful adventure only to be seized and carried off, away from my erstwhile defenders. My husband told me of Earthian ceremonies called "melodramas" in which such things happened endlessly. I was ever the endangered heroine in our Barsoomian melodramas. My fellow Barsoomians seemed never to understand what we were doing to ourselves. I began to see it as a degeneracy forced upon us by the rigors of our dying world.

FrazettaDejahThoris.jpeg

2. Dejah Thoris

Zorro

As John Carter was about to spring into the conflict with his sharp long-sword, he felt a gentle hand upon his shoulder and turning found, to his surprise, that the young woman had followed him into the side chamber.

"Wait," she whispered, "leave them to me," and pushing him away, advanced, all defenceless and unarmed, upon the snarling banths.

When quite close to them she spoke a single Martian word in low but peremptory tones. Like lightning the great beasts wheeled upon her, and John Carter looked to see her torn to pieces before he could reach her side, but instead the creatures slunk to her feet like puppies that expect a merited whipping.

Again she spoke to them, but in tones so low John Carter could not catch the words, and then she started toward the opposite side of the chamber with the six mighty monsters trailing at heel. One by one she sent them through the secret panel into the room beyond, and when the last had passed from the chamber where John Carter and his companions stood in wide-eyed amazement, she turned and smiled at them and then herself passed through, leaving them alone.

Thuvia Maid of Mars by Marquez Comic Art.jpg

3. Dejah Thoris

Zorro

As we watched, our eyes wandered to the rolling Iss, which issued from the base of the cliffs beneath us. Presently there emerged from the mountain a canoe laden with lost souls from the outer world. There were a dozen of them. All were of the highly civilized and cultured race of red men who are dominant on Mars.

The eyes of the herald upon the balcony beneath us fell upon the doomed party as soon as did ours. He raised his head and leaning far out over the low rail that rimmed his dizzy perch, voiced the shrill, weird wail that called the demons of this hellish place to the attack.

For an instant the brutes stood with stiffly erected ears, then they poured from the grove toward the river's bank, covering the distance with great, ungainly leaps.

The party had landed and was standing on the sward as the awful horde came in sight. There was a brief and futile effort of defence. Then silence as the huge, repulsive shapes covered the bodies of their victims and scores of sucking mouths fastened themselves to the flesh of their prey.

I watched as John Carter turned away in disgust.

"Their part is soon over," I said. "The great white apes get the flesh when the plant men have drained the arteries. Look, they are coming now."

As John Carter turned his eyes in the direction I indicated, we saw a dozen of the great white monsters running across the valley toward the river bank. Then the sun went down and darkness that could almost be felt engulfed us.

ComendadorJohnCarterKC04.jpeg

4. Dejah Thoris

Zorro

a4_minck_oosterveer_john_carter[1].jpg

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dejah Thoris

Zorro

Thus Thuvia:

An idea occurred to John Carter, suggested by what I had just said.

"Why not take a number of banths and set them loose before us above ground?" he asked.

I laughed.

"It would distract attention from us, I am sure," I said.

I commenced calling in a low singsong voice that was half purr. I continued this as we wound our tedious way through the maze of subterranean passages and chambers.

Presently soft, padded feet sounded close behind us, and as I turned I saw a pair of great, green eyes shining in the dark shadows at our rear. From a diverging tunnel a sinuous, tawny form crept stealthily toward us.

Low growls and angry snarls assailed our ears on every side as we hastened on and one by one the ferocious creatures answered my call.

I spoke a word to each as it joined us. Like well-schooled pets, they paced the corridors with us, but I could see that John Carter could not help but note the lathering jowls and the hungry expressions with which they eyed Tars Tarkas and himself.

Soon we were entirely surrounded by some fifty of my darlings. Two walked close on either side of me, as guards might walk. The sleek sides of others now and then touched my own naked limbs. As always, it was a strange experience; the almost noiseless passage of naked human feet and padded paws; the golden walls splashed with precious stones; the dim light cast by the tiny radium bulbs set at considerable distances along the roof; the huge, maned beasts of prey crowding with low growls about us; the mighty green warrior towering high above us all; John Carter crowned with the priceless diadem of a Holy Thern; and leading the procession was I, Thuvia, a simple maid of Barsoom.

It was not soon forgotten by any who witnessed it.

thuvia__maid_of_mars_by_joejusko.jpg

6. Dejah Thoris

Zorro

I never learned their ways nor gained their understanding as well as Thuvia was able, but I soon learned to revel in the attempt and to feel the blood lust that often motivated them most powerfully; walking with them became my greatest pleasure after walking with my husband, and, I felt, somewhat like.

Thuvia of Ptarth.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dejah Thoris

Zorro

Thuvia taught me to be at ease with the banths, but of course I did not have her incredible command over the terrible beasts. Whereas I might set a single banth at ease next to me or send it into battle, Thuvia crooned at them so that they actively sought to anticipate her wishes and when they consented to do as she asked, they purred that deep rumble of joy that they reserved only for her. The banths were her children and her lovers and her servants, with their banth pleasure of doing all wrapped up in whatever she bid them do. Her great artistry of banth communication notwithstanding, I take great pleasure in the subtle joy of their willing companionship. It can be a compensation in some ways for the long absences of my beloved husband.

DejahBanthBlog.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dejah Thoris

Zorro

My husband told me of those on his planet who were called lion tamers. I imagined them as being a bit like Thuvia, who did not tame the banths, but drew them to her; they wanted to be with her, to bask in her words and attentions, to please themselves by being pleasing to her.

j (7).jpg

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dejah Thoris

Zorro

"Fly, my Prince!" I cried. "It is useless to fight them longer. All within the arena are dead. All who charged the throne are dead but you and this youth. Only among the seats are there left any of your fighting-men, and they and the slave women are fast being cut down. Listen! You can scarce hear the battle-cry of the women now for nearly all are dead. For each one of you there are ten thousand blacks within the domains of the First Born. Break for the open and the sea of Korus. With your mighty sword arm you may yet win to the Golden Cliffs and the templed gardens of the Holy Therns. There tell your story to Matai Shang, my father. He will keep you, and together you may find a way to rescue me. Fly while there is yet a bare chance for flight."

dejah_thoris_by_pgandara-d7adk7m.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dejah Thoris

Zorro

On both sides of the throne stretched a solid mass of humanity from top to bottom of the amphitheatre. There were as many women as men, and each was clothed in the wondrously wrought harness of his station and his house.

cosplay-hot-2.jpg

11. Dejah Thoris

Zorro

Almost incredibly swift is the speed of a charging banth, and fortunate it was that I had not been caught farther in the open. As it was, my margin of safety was next to negligible, for as I swung nimbly to the lower branches the creature in pursuit of me crashed among the foliage almost upon me as it sprang upward to seize me. It was only a combination of good fortune and agility that saved me. A stout branch deflected the raking talons of the carnivore, but so close was the call that a giant forearm brushed my flesh in the instant before I scrambled to the higher branches.

Dejah and banth in pursuit.jpg

12. Dejah Thoris

Zorro

After a last drink at the stream, the longest and deepest she had allowed herself, she rose to retrace her steps toward the hills; but even as she did so she became suddenly tense with apprehension. What was that? She could have sworn that she saw something move in the shadows beneath a tree not far away. For a long minute the girl did not move—she scarce breathed. Her eyes remained fixed upon the dense shadows below the tree, her ears strained through the silence of the night. A low moaning came down from the hills where her flier was hidden. She knew it well—the weird note of the hunting banth. And the great carnivore lay directly in her path. But he was not so close as this other thing, hiding there in the shadows just a little way off. What was it? It was the strain of uncertainty that weighed heaviest upon her. Had she known the nature of the creature lurking there half its menace would have vanished. She cast quickly about her in search of some haven of refuge should the thing prove dangerous.

Michael_Whelan_detail_Thuvia_Maid_of_Mars.jpg

13. Dejah Thoris

Zorro

When my beloved Warlord condescends to make personal war upon me, I visualize his approach. I lay myself down upon the ground, trembling with the anticipation I feel in every part of my being. I hear his breathing first, thick with the animal feelings within him and echoing those within me; then the heavy quiet pad of his feet as he approaches my form in stealth. I feel the breeze of the day upon my flesh, then as he stands over me, the hot steam of his water-wasting Earthian breath. The follicles of my skin rise and quiver invisibly, delicately insistent that He is here.

1ec63487899c34475f3a1b441b0c97ee--comic-book-rice.jpg

14. Dejah Thoris

Zorro

Then I ride him until he and I are lathered in our effort. His energy and power seem endless, enough to match mine and carry me over many times before we are both spent.

[LM09.jpg