our responsibilities

Discussion in 'gV governance' started by Mars, 29 Nov 2010.

Tags:
Topic Status:
Read-only.
  1. Morgaine Alter

Morgaine Alter ppl watching what I like

inappropriate content
    Will it be anything that is illegal and can put this forum,owner and posters at risk of breaking any law from any country?
    Shall there be spoiler tags for over the top hyperbole of mutilated humans for example?

unwanted behaviour
    The hardest part imo.
    I do not want to be a score keeper and squelch someones opinion on something.
    Besides the basics spamming threads and real life threats, serious ones I think it is something that needs to be in an individuals control. ???

Signatures that are too big that it becomes a problem to see other posts that will fall below a poster?
    Avatars I do not know if in this place there is that option to turn them off or the other FF add on's to "mute" pictures?
    If so so be it what ppl use, if not idk back to the do not post anything that would be illegal in any country?

rl disclosure
    Never tolerated w/o the consent of the person.

Will there be a "TOS" of this posted along with one from the "our rights" thread?

• Like Like x 6
  2. Love

Love Feel the love
    Bored

Perhaps a place to start is to get a feel for what kind of forum people here want?

Do we want something in the image of the original SC?

Does Tarzan's opinions reflect others here?

Or do you want something different?

What do you want?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bulldick!

Bulldick! Rampaging
    Notamused

I want what we seem we have. A place to share my thoughts, read interesting stuff and hang around feeling comfortable. I do want some more tools to manage my communication flow (i.e. ignore functionality).

I want a bare minimum set of rules, in that sense, I am with the ape man... we should censor ourselves (back to the ignore functionality). Whether the admin is known or not is of no concern to me, so far this forum is getting along just fine.

Most of the drama, to this point, is stuff brought over from SC2... and that can be solved by the, again, ignore functionality... or simply disengaging.

Finally, I want to see Sarah and Morgaine's bewbs and many more comics from Lain as I keep figuring out a way into the center spot there...

I love you all! (yes, even you Lias)

:hug:

• Like Like x 3
  4. clio

clio Pokity Poke Poke
    Alone

ok this is going to sound simplistic i think
    my responsibility is primarirly to me...
    to protect myself from emotional distress and that requires that i censor myself, that i try to treat others as i wish to be treated, to disengage when i can see that i am starting to post in a manner that i will regret later. To use what ever tools are available to make my experience here a positive one.
    i am an adult, i take responsibility for myself.
    hmm maybe simplistic is the wrong word, maybe selfish or self centered is a better discription, but i think that if i do that for me, i can be happy regardless what others decide to do

• Like Like x 2
  5. Tittertat

Tittertat neurotic, but sweet :)
    Panicky

what about my boobs? :(

• Like Like x 2
  6. Tittertat

Panicky

i totally, totally agree :)

7. nina

nina still prettier than you
    Nerdy

i think most of us feel the same way. but what happens when hoopty or tank shows up and starts posting completely vile things? what happens when some alt account starts posting dead baby pics in the sl style thread? what happens when the impostor viv/lecktor/etc accounts start spamming nonsense? what happens when somebody goes 'big sig'? what about profile spamming and activity feed stalking? as of this moment there is no ignore function at all, so its not so easy to say 'put them on ignore'. i think the biggest problem at sc was the unwillingness to accept that there were actually rules. it was easier to react to a crisis and to then address personalities rather than specific behaviour. more than ever we have the benefit of hindsight, so why arent we acting on it?

• Like Like x 4
  8. Bulldick!

Bulldick! Rampaging
    Notamused

I will never, ever, deny a lady the showing of her breasts...

• Like Like x 3
  9. Love

Love Feel the love
    Bored

Those are all great questions.

Creating knee jerk rules in reaction to situations (or personalities as you say) is, I think, that last thing I want to see happen here.

One of the big things at SCII is no banning. (Except when there's banning.) Is that also to be a given here?

• Like Like x 3
  10. Bulldick!

Bulldick! Rampaging
    Notamused

If I recall correctly, when someone created the "Io" account MARS intervened and get rid of it under the assumption of being virii. I wouldn't mind MARS intervention when things get out of hand on the scenarios you described.

So far, the trolling that happened was received with laughter and disbelief...

• Like Like x 3
  11. Tittertat

Panicky

i guess i'll have to drink wine with Morgaine, then (2 for 1 special) :p

• Like Like x 3
  12. nina

Nerdy

'so far'...

13. Bulldick!

Bulldick! Rampaging
    Notamused

Yes, I can not make any projections about the future, I am only considering the past in this place.

14. Bulldick!

Bulldick! Rampaging
    Notamused

Where should I be sending the wine?

15. nina

Nerdy

why not consider the past overall? past events at sc1&2, slu, ll boards, other boards youve participated on, etc?

16. nina

Nerdy

i think what i am not liking about the current setup is that it is very slu-like, having one person doing all the 'moderating'.

17. Bulldick!

Bulldick! Rampaging
    Notamused

I rather come up to conclusions of what gV is by seeing what happens at gV... the rest may not be applicable. What happened in SLU or SC or SC2 may not relate to the future of gV.

That said, past experiences will taint my own reasoning... so the past will have a part as well on my conclusions.

How do you know that MARS is a single individual? It may or may not be, but I do not see that as a problem in and on itself. SLU is a 1 man shop, SC2 is a many admin/mods shop... we had issues in both places.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Lourdes

Lourdes Sexy Fashionista

He wants to see bewbs doesn't matter who or what they are attached to.

19. Bulldick!

Bulldick! Rampaging
    Notamused

Your sweetness and love pours all over this forum :)

20. Lourdes

Lourdes Sexy Fashionista

I was poking fun. Calm down. Was I wrong?

Topic Status:
Read-only.