our rights

Discussion in 'gV governance' started by Mars, 29 Nov 2010.

Tags:
Topic Status:
Read-only.
  1. Mars

Mars MCP
    vbulletin4

this thread is to be used as outlined in phase two: construction.
    the governance forum, and this thread in particular, are strictly policed. please do not engage in flaming or ad hominem tactics.

2. Morgaine Alter

Morgaine Alter ppl watching what I like

Mars;
    the right to privacy
    the right of [coming soon]
    Seems good to me.

3. Briana

Briana Vibrating erver closer to 4th Density
    Woot

What exactly constitutes "the right to fair administration".

Fair is such an odd word.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Textured Surface

Textured Surface Fuck your title.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lias

Lias Open Community!
    Arsey

What's this random 'warning' about? If you want to control what is posted in this empty thread then just make it a sticky. I wonder what this anonymous person with the power considers flaming and ad hominem tactics and what he/she will do if while policing this thread he/she decides a post is flaming or ad hominem tactics.

6. Clancy

Clancy The drama is better at Hungry Jack's
    Diggingit

Use your own high standard for behave. Focus. Honest. Ignore chatter monkeys.
    All be well.

7. Briana

Woot

Hopefully lock out people who choose to derail the thread for off topic arguing.

Care to talk about fair administration?

You love to give so much advice Lias - here is your chance to really get in on the ground floor and talk about "our rights" but instead you turn it immediately into a time for some action, just a fraction of friction...but i got the clearance to run the interference, into your satellite, shining the battle light, so swing out the gat and i know that will gat you right...

Your post is a sample, just a little example, of how ya could killa thread..

• Like Like x 1
  8. Clancy

Diggingit

Tarzan take shot at it. Right to fair mean: equal for all. Today and forever, for all villager. Even the one hated by others, or loved. Or, Lias.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Lias

Lias Open Community!
    Arsey

So the honeymoon is over? Open forum is now the place where anonymous accounts make subjective decisions in a vacuum and sanction posters?

Care to talk about fair administration? You love to give so much advice Lias - here is your chance to really get in on the ground floor and talk about "our rights"[/QUOTE]The person that owns this forum solicited opnions about hpw it should be run. If he/she did not want the opinions then they should not have asked.

This i snot clear to me but it sounds like you plan on doing something?

So the anonymous owner gave you permission to do something?

Your post is a sample, just a little example, of how ya could killa thread..[/QUOTE]This statement/warning killed the thread

10. Lias

Lias Open Community!
    Arsey

Listen I have nothing against it all - but you are just setting up the exact same system, with the exact same people that is over st SCII. I have seen no evidence of any olbie 'thinking outside of the box' here sI make one sugestion about mediation over moderation and it is not even discussed. Just the same old people saying 'it sucks' and just let fights and disagreements fly. But when it is evident that the 'popular kids' are going to be defeated in the Thunderdome - then the bias behaviour will creep up in earnest.

I hope a better plan than 'status quo' can come out of these discussions and that new ideas will not be met with 'it sucks' every time.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Clancy

Diggingit

Lias, you like Ramones?
    Please, not to become songs, only to sing. :)

12. Briana

Woot

It was rap lyrics and humor.

Enhance thy calm comrade.

13. Love

Love Feel the love
    Bored

That's not true at all. I specifically asked you to illustrate its effectiveness through an example with you and Immy, which you chose not to answer. My first reaction was that it would be OK if optional, and when that turned out to not be the case, I was against it. (See my first post in the thread and your first response.)

Yet I still asked you for more information and gave you a chance to change my mind, but you did not answer my question.

14. Fatz

Fatz ..is a professional.

Heh.

Interesting thought....

Give the thread starter the ability to kick people out of their thread without affecting the users ability to post. If someone derails your thread it's your personal choice whether or not to allow them to continue. I bet patterns would develop quickly on what threads you want to participate in. An interesting piece of code to write.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Love

Love Feel the love
    Bored

The patterns are no doubt foreshadowed by the "Like" button presses. To me it would have two effects:

1. Threads would consist mostly of people just agreeing with each other
    2. Cross thread fights

• Like Like x 2
  16. Briana

Woot

I really like this idea....Make it so #1. Warp factor 5, engage.

I said a long time ago on SLU -and was shouted down- that I liked the idea that if you had someone on ignore they could not see your posts, or at least not post in your threads.

17. Briana

Woot

:(

*limps away to hide*

18. Bulldick!

Bulldick! Rampaging
    Notamused

I like the latter options. So, to make it clear, if Briana decides to ignore me, I would be unable to post in any thread started by Bri, correct?

If that is the case, the system will decrease the chance of people trolling other people's threads.

:hug:

19. Briana

Woot

I probably am not too good in this area considering i am probably a bit over protective because of past forum history elsewhere where there was never any protection at all.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Briana

Woot

Yes Don. You would be unable to post in that thread. And at the same time, i would be expected to not make a thread and then troll you inside it - and i hope such an action would have some sanction assessed to it.

• Like Like x 1
Topic Status:
Read-only.