RANDOM Picture Thread

Discussion in 'media' started by Lain, 21 Nov 2010.

Tags:
  1. Kita

Kita Should Update Title

[​IMG]

• Laugh Laugh x 1
  2. Kita

Kita Should Update Title

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. Govi

Govi Ça va chier.
    Alienated

The irony... It burns!

“The children now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise.”
    ~Oft attributed to Socrates, but actually a paraphrase from The Clouds by Aristophanes (c. 423 B.C.E.)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kita

Kita Should Update Title

Just had to listen to that crap again from my Aunt and Dad. They started it, but I finished it.

"Minimum wage going up to $15? McDonalds workers shouldn't make that! These entitled millennials just don't want to work hard..." (almost exact quote). I stopped her right there.

"First, McDonalds is shitty, hard work." (I knew my Aunt had never worked a shit job in her life too. My dad last worked a shit job when he was a teen.) "Second, minimum wage has NOT kept up with cost of living. Average income when you were growing up was around $15k a year. Average home was $50k. Little over 3x the yearly salary got you a home. Today, average income is around 60k, average home price is 260k. Over 4x the yearly salary to get you a home"

They balked at this. "Well, you know, some places are cheaper..."

"Yes, and some places are exorbitantly more. Those are also the averages of this town, which still has a slightly depressed economy. Now, do the cost of living math and tell me that adjustment isn't needed..."

Conversation quickly changed. By my brother, actually, a raging conservative. He was bragging how much his home has gone up since buying it during the dark days of the housing recession here. Because he has a realllyyyyy bad case of cognitive dissonance. Like, constantly.

Just to add to my rant, because I googled to check the numbers I had read but not actually fact checked, here we go:
    http://www.realtor.com/news/trends/whats-an-average-home-in-2016/

Average is 260k. Median is over 400k. That represents the income gap. My dad brought up "Average is not median!". Good thing for him I didn't have the median numbers.

Oh, and the local economy is still more depressed than I realized. Average income is below 50k. Average home price, from my best estimate based on looking at actual stuff for sale, is 270k. Not enough housing right now (a crisis is predicted because people are moving here faster than they are being built) and a very low minimum wage are both big contributors.

Last edited: 21 Jul 2017
  5. Kita

Kita Should Update Title

[​IMG]

;_;

• Laugh Laugh x 1
  6. Kita

Kita Should Update Title

[​IMG]

• Laugh Laugh x 1
  7. Kita

Kita Should Update Title

[​IMG]

If I ever had a kid, I would be this brutally honest. Lying to the kid and using trite sayings only served to make me feel even worse-- because not only were my feelings hurt by the kid, now they were hurt by an adult who told me how stupid I was being for having hurt feelings!

Kids are just little derpy adults. They are learning. No reason to lie to them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Kita

Kita Should Update Title

[​IMG]

Had to look this up. First result was:

• Laugh Laugh x 1
  9. Kita

Kita Should Update Title

[​IMG]

Now that I have worked in IT, I can tell you this is a known issue every few updates with Adobe products. Creative Cloud app and downloader needs to die in a fire. I have bookmarks to bypass it just so I can get their very expensive software installed.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Laugh Laugh x 1
  10. Kita

Kita Should Update Title

11. Kita

Kita Should Update Title

[​IMG]

This is the only reason anyone is still using Windows 8.

• Laugh Laugh x 1
  12. Kita

Kita Should Update Title

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Kita

Kita Should Update Title

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. Kita

Kita Should Update Title

[​IMG]

I would also add a section for "Feeling like a real ass for taking the ability to breathe clearly and without pain for granted"

• Hug Hug x 1
  15. Kita

Kita Should Update Title

[​IMG]

This. Like, every month. Every year. Always. Is that just the nature of being human?

• Hug Hug x 1
  16. Kita

Kita Should Update Title

17. Kita

Kita Should Update Title

[​IMG]

I am too honest, like, all the time. It is part of my efforts to surround myself with other honest humans of a common understanding.

A very hard and lonely road indeed.

• Hug Hug x 1
  18. Kita

Kita Should Update Title

[​IMG]

Imagine a 5 year old explaining the ship, and it suddenly becomes adorable!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Kita

Kita Should Update Title

[​IMG]

https://xkcd.com/1127/large/

Some really cool information here.

The previous times far leaning SOCIAL conservatives were overly representative in our government, we had world war, multiple wars in the middle east, two great depressions, Jim Crow Laws, and civil war.

In the time leading up to and around the civil war, social conservatism was a tenant of the Democratic party, as this was the party of the people, and this included white slave owners. Voting lines leading up to and during the Civil War were strongly divided by opinions on slavery, which explains why far left were getting voted into office by the southerners. An interesting thing to note is the far left SOUTHERNERS no longer held seats during the war, since they seceded. So, the far left of 1860 had social conservatives from the south and was vastly over-representative. The left of 1866 was willing to compromise and moved right to work with the Republicans to fix the nation post war. When the south was allowed back in, they once again voted for far left twats en masse, which brought conservative Jim Crow laws. However, this party makeup slowly changed over time after the war, with the far left almost gone by the turn of the century. The Industrial Revolution, the party split caused by Teddy, the Populist party rising from the Southerns who noticed the changing party, all contributed to this. The 17th amendment was important to remove the systemic corruption that ensured the changing views of the people were not being represented correctly, and looks to really be the final piece of this shift.

OFC, the southern people didn't seem to really notice this change until some time later, and got pissed during civil rights movement and flopped to the Republican party official and dramatically en masse, causing some stir. That is when the voting lines of southern redneck people changed, but the voting lines of the parties on a broader scale had been changing before that point. Really, just follow the southern twats and their opinions. They are the root of the darkest moments in our country's history.

Anyways, we are once again in a period of overly representative SOCIAL conservatism where southerners have the loudest voice. Will it be war, depression, or utter political chaos the likes that have not been seen since the formation of this country?

Tune in next year to find out what those zany fringe Americans that refuse to stop reproducing like mindless rabbits do on... The American Dream!!

20. Kita

Kita Should Update Title

Topical.

[​IMG]