regarding site speed/performance/stability

Discussion in 'news' started by Mars, 17 Jun 2011.

Tags:
  1. nina

nina still prettier than you
    Nerdy

how much slower? and when did it start?

2. ev0L

ev0L Ghost in The Shell

ever since the cloud. sometimes a page will not load at all, have to close the tab and start a new one.

3. Lain

Lain End of line. #resist
    Sneaky

I notice no slowdowns at all on our end, even through all of my proxies, which span the west coast. Page times are snappy, and there's no lag in DNS resolution.

Are the people experiencing issues using Chrome/Chromium? Also the new Firefox, all of these require special access rules to be implemented if you are using a software firewall, simply hammering the 'yeah let it work' button on most suites doesn't seem to do the trick.

4. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy HUZZAH!
    Scurvy

Ever since Firefox got all wonky with 4.x and on, I've been on Chrome and it works fine for me. :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. nina

nina still prettier than you
    Nerdy

maybe a week or a bit more ago pants was having issues plus people were having problems upload and so on so as a test we quietly turned off the cloud hosting to see how it effected speed. the upload problems vanished and pants was all good after that, but i have been waiting for someone to say something about speed.

6. ev0L

ev0L Ghost in The Shell

Speed is erratic. still problems with pages not loading at all... speed seems better if not logged in.

7. Lain

Sneaky

Might be a FreeBSD thing? Perhaps it's a location thing, probably not though isn't GradyE in Canada?

8. Lain

Sneaky

Speed is consistent, no issues here.

9. tout

tout It is swimming time!!
    Mondayblues

Same here.

• Like Like x 1
  10. GradyE

GradyE Hybrid Angel
    Angelic

Same here. Speed and page load are fine. Image file load has been normal,

• Like Like x 1
  11. Angel  Harmison

Angel Harmison Ride Naked..Put some color on your cheeks!
    Amused

speed and loading pages are great..

• Like Like x 1
  12. Mitch_Wexler

Mitch_Wexler Myth or Metaphor
    Mellow

:).....nice to see you again.... how's the weather?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Angel  Harmison

Angel Harmison Ride Naked..Put some color on your cheeks!
    Amused

dry as heck still no rain and they are saying now prolly not for the balance of the year.. We haven't had rain since i think it was march.... we are deff experiencing the dust bowl

• Like Like x 2
  14. Lain

Sneaky

/me does a raindance for you

Dancing_in_the_rain_emote____by_aluinn.gif

• Like Like x 4
  15. Wasted Engineer

Wasted Engineer Secret Identity
    Notamused

For me it is a little bit faster, not much though.

I am still getting some problems to load the css files or something, Some times they load perfect so I can access every feature... but other times there is an error with the width of the page, and the numbers donĀ“t appear onmouseover of the title of the thread... and other times the "writing" box is not appearing in the page I want to reply, so I need to go to another "random" page in order to see the writing box and do reply.

16. Maryanne

Maryanne Running Naked through the Forums going "Wheee!"
    Balanced

I'm in Dallas and mostly there's no lag, although sometimes I might get the little circle for 5-10 seconds. Seems to be infrequent though, and I suspect an in-home issue.