Second Citizen MKII is... expired?!?

Discussion in 'mature-NSFW' started by Kick Frenzy, 7 Aug 2015.

1. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy HUZZAH!
    Scurvy

I have no doubt SLU will be around for a long time to come, with a reinvigorated hipster base when SL2 comes out.

Also, I've been drinking so I may be reading wrong, but... no, I haven't heard from Luc and no, as far as I know he has not gone camping in a frozen wasteland.
    I have sent him a PM in SL though, so maybe I'll find out what's going on.

But yeah, I've had a couple websites and was always bombarded by crap from them.
    "You're domain is expiring. " "No, seriously, it's going to ecpire and your site will close." "DUDE! PAY US! Or else your site will be lost... FOREVAH!"

• Like Like x 3
  2. Mulch

Mulch Why does the drum come hither?
    Psychedelic

btw, was there some drama we werent told about and did luc go away butthurt swearing off SL forever (or until josh comes back)?

if you know it, SPILL IT!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy HUZZAH!
    Scurvy

?
    Maybe... but I have no personal info on that.
    I may have been active on SC, but I don't know any back channel crap.

Hell, I was 90% (at least) of the content on that forum for the past several months.
    If there was any shizznit to dig, it would be my own! lol

• Like Like x 2
  4. Mulch

Psychedelic

what What WHAT?!?!?!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

what sucker VC dropped dough into the "virtual machine" expecting to get some sort of payout from a paperdoll chat room?

i think i may have them an ideal investment opportunity... a world all about MULCH

[​IMG]

what is SL2 going to do better, occulus rift ready prim dongs?

instead of $0.12 an hour virtual whores, you get $0.13 an hour?

they might as well invest the money with me, you KNOW what you are going to get with SL2 (hint: it STILL wont be havok)

• Like Like x 2
    • Laugh Laugh x 1
  5. Mulch

Psychedelic

^

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mulch

Psychedelic

^

• Like Like x 2
  7. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy HUZZAH!
    Scurvy

Firstof all... GROO!!!!! :D

Second of all.. you don't know about "SL2", which isn't really "SL2"?
    LL are working on a new virtual world, first adopters are people known to be fluent in Maya, or something like that.
    No contiguous mainland, but people can link up there personal spaces, I think.
    It sounds kind of like Cloud Party mixed with SL.

It's not going to replace SL, I don't think.
    But if it's handled well, it might be a cool new world to check out... one with less "whatever" and more "cool shit".

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mulch

Psychedelic

you mean like "hypergrid?"

that aint new

i was testing servers for that a couple years back

• Like Like x 1
  9. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy HUZZAH!
    Scurvy

Here's a good reference to what I'm talking about (even if it is similar to hypergrid ;) )

Linden Lab is building a NEW virtual world
    "Linden Lab is working on a next generation virtual world that will be in the spirit of Second Life, an open world where users have incredible power to create anything they can imagine and content creators are king. This is a significant focus for Linden Lab, and we are actively hiring to help with this ambitious effort. We believe that there is a massive opportunity ahead to carry on the spirit of Second Life while leveraging the significant technological advancements that have occurred since its creation, as well as our unparalleled experience as the provider of the most successful user-created virtual world ever.

The next generation virtual world will go far beyond what is possible with Second Life, and we don’t want to constrain our development by setting backward compatibility with Second Life as an absolute requirement from the start. That doesn’t mean you necessarily won’t be able to bring parts of your Second Life over, just that our priority in building the next generation platform is to create an incredible experience and enable stunningly high-quality creativity, rather than ensuring that everything could work seamlessly with everything created over Second Life’s 11 year history.

Does this mean we’re giving up on Second Life? Absolutely not. It is thanks to the Second Life community that our virtual world today is without question the best there is, and after 11 years we certainly have no intention of abandoning our users nor the virtual world they continually fill with their astounding creativity. Second Life has many years ahead of it, and in addition to improvements and new developments specifically for Second Life, we think that much of the work we do for the next generation project will also be beneficial for Second Life.

It’s still very early days for this new project, and as we forge ahead in creating the next generation virtual world, we’ll share as much as we can.

If we had one message to share with Second Life users about this new project at this point, it would be: don’t panic, get excited! Again, Second Life isn’t going away, nor are we ceasing our work to improve it. But, we’re also working on something that we think will truly fulfill the promise of virtual worlds that few people understand as well as Second Life users."

I'm not jumping up and down over this, but I'll admit to lifting an eyebrow.
    I plan on keeping tabs on it here and there.
    Might be worth planning on opening a store with nothing in it forever in that world too.

:D

• Like Like x 2
    • Meh Meh x 1
  10. Mulch

Psychedelic

hmm, i wonder what will happen

[​IMG]

remember kids, if your gpu has access to an asset, so does copybot

in other news, LL is trying to repeat history by not only suckering some unknown VC into this "expansion," but is also trying to get the content creators to BUILD THEIR WORLD IN IT'S ENTIRETY again

until copybot comes to this "new" town

but seriously, the more things change, the more they stay the same. how long until prok is banned from "SL2"?

• Like Like x 2
  11. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy HUZZAH!
    Scurvy

I don't know if I'd call it suckering people into building the world for them.
    I mean, that's the whole point of SL and SL2... that it's all created by the people.

If they weren't doing that, it wouldn't be Second Life... or even in the sandbox genre as firmly as it is.
    It's the whole reason SL was successful, is because it's a world made by the customers/residents... throwing that to the side would mean it wasn't the same product.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Lain

Lain End of line. #resist
    Sneaky

I never hit the same target twice.

• Laugh Laugh x 2
    • Drama Drama x 1
  13. Lain

Sneaky

It was obviously this post...

14. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy HUZZAH!
    Scurvy

I am unclear as to what you mean in that last post, Lain.
    I do no know if I should click, Like or Hug or Laugh... or Poo for that matter.

• Like Like x 1
    • Laugh Laugh x 1
  15. Cocoanut Koala

Cocoanut Koala New Arrival

Ok, it wasn't easy, (a) finding you, Kick (I couldn't remember the name of this forum), and (b) resurrecting my cocoanut email.

But anyway, hi!

• Hug Hug x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy HUZZAH!
    Scurvy

Hey, Coco!
    Good to see ya.

Do you have any idea what happened with SC?
    All I know is the registration expired... no idea if it was on purpose or not.
    I IMd Luc in SL, but haven't heard back.

But yeah, now my regular forums are here and The Hip Forums (it's non-SL related).
    Still feeling a bit lost though.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Cocoanut Koala

Cocoanut Koala New Arrival

No, I don't know either. Which is why I went on a search for you.

18. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy HUZZAH!
    Scurvy

Well, I'm biting the bullet.
    I'm about to post on SLU... Luc is apparently somewhat active there.

Maybe he'll answer...

• Like Like x 1
  19. Lain

Sneaky

2 be continued.

• Hug Hug x 1
  20. nina

nina still prettier than you
    Nerdy

most domain providers give you a week or two as a grace period to renew an expired domain.
    fox sterling is the technical guy and i recall he is the one that has the ability to renew the domain. he seems to be somewhat active on slu.

• Agree Agree x 2