seriously?

Discussion in 'news' started by Mars, 10 Jun 2011.

Tags:
  1. Mars

Mars MCP
    vbulletin4

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. tout

tout It is swimming time!!
    Mondayblues

Ohhhhh......

3. Jolene

Jolene Sarah's Apparent Alt
    Amazed

Speechless...

4. Derek

Derek Psychohistorian

5. Ajax Manatiso

Ajax Manatiso Everybody lambada!
    Dancing

Going to be impossible to prove the posts caused him a loss of income. Seems like just a ploy to obtain confidential information.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Mitch_Wexler

Mitch_Wexler Myth or Metaphor
    Mellow

• Like Like x 1
  7. Liona Clio

Liona Clio Poetry in Motion
    Benevolent

Not trying to stir up trouble...but isn't the posting of this notice going to stir up trouble?

I'm having a hard time seeing any non-drama reasons for publicizing this legal notice to the forum.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Derek

Derek Psychohistorian

Damage to the reputation of someone need not include financial loss to the plaintiff in defamation cases.

9. Lias

Lias Open Community!
    Arsey

Best to call those law firms and make sure those letters are real. I got two of those in the past. Researched proved them to be scams.

There is no way to defame a fictitious person.

I believe you should write them back explaining these are all anonymous posters who have never revealed their real identities or locations. And you will not endanger a woman poster by revealing Her RL information to some man on the Internet that has been aggressive in his writings toward her in the past.

Wait a few months for a reply.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Lias

Lias Open Community!
    Arsey

The trouble is already stirred. This is just a nasty form of harassment. This guy obviously needs help in wasting his money to harass women on the Internet.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Lias

Lias Open Community!
    Arsey

The person's RL identity, place of work or any other real life information was never revealed. There was no real life defamation. Where as revealing this women's name and address to this man endangers her real life based on comments made to her on this forum.

• Like Like x 2
  12. McLovin

McLovin Should Update Title
    Nerdy

To make sure they're ostracized. Bulldick: if that's your lawyer I'm really disappointed.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Derek

Derek Psychohistorian

Which is why I asked what Tucows had to say as the letter was to them and then supposedly forwarded to Mars/Nina. What is the position of Morgan, Lewis and Blockius? What did Tucows say to you when they sent you the letter from Randy Rosa? Without that info it smells a little funny. Tucows lawyers would not send you a letter without an explanation of what they were considering to do to protect their client.
    Is Mars starting drama in a no drama node?
    Ban the cunt!

14. Mulch

Mulch Why does the drum come hither?
    Psychedelic

http://gotvirtual.net/community/thr...-have-an-axe-to-grind.243/page-188#post-67971

#1 is that REALLY the best quote to prove a case?
    #2 It is simply a letter requesting contact info so they can eventually get an IP address, if nina refuses to hand it over (which she should since it is only a request, NOT an order), i think they have to get a court order for the IP address, then get a court order to get the ISP to turn over the contact info. the host for gv does not have access to the xenforo admin, so they will pass the court order to nina (if one is granted), who is in australia... i am not sure the likelihood of an international subpena succeeding in an internet butthurt case
    #3 its about time someone whooped out the lawyers for an interweb insult. this should be fun to watch

• Like Like x 10
  15. Lias

Lias Open Community!
    Arsey

Tucows can only 'give up' Nina. They have no idea who the posters on this forum are and neither does Nina. Since the defamation complaint does not include Nina, she does not have to do anything because she can't.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Derek

Derek Psychohistorian

This is all really pointless as all Nina has to do is delete all references regarding the plaintiff and it will go away. But, if it is a person whose RL identity is known regardless if it is referred to explicitly is of no matter. The fact that the defamation took place and that even one of us knows who the plaintiff is in RL (as it was pointed out in the thread a number of time if I recall) means that action is viable.

17. Derek

Derek Psychohistorian

The letter is to Tucows lawyers, asking them for Nina's identity. Not Lains.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Lias

Lias Open Community!
    Arsey

I don't think so. If that one person that knows his RL identity took the information written by and about people using aliases and attributed some of it to the plaintiff and then went and spread that information around in his RL, then the plaintiff is suing the wrong person.

The person that went to his RL associates and connected his RL name to these anonymous comments is defaming him.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Mulch

Mulch Why does the drum come hither?
    Psychedelic

at least i think he is trying to get nina to remove it and give bams contact info

if he is trying to sue nina... well, i will have more to say after i consult my lawyer and find out if saying "down, you are a dickless pussy boi" can get me sued

i am hoping his only interest in ninas contact is to try to get bams contact... but rereading the letter, that doesnt not appear to be the objective

20. Derek

Derek Psychohistorian

In this instance for the purposes of the defamation Nina is "the publisher", and she is liable.