seriously?

Discussion in 'news' started by Mars, 10 Jun 2011.

Tags:
  1. Mitch_Wexler

Mitch_Wexler Myth or Metaphor
    Mellow

The question comes to mind...can you actually defame a person named "bulldick".... the next question would be is "bulldick" an actual person?..

Nina ...I wouldn't even respond to that "request"... if you DO get any kind of a court order... question it's jurisdiction ... based on the location of the server. who's this "Don" guy? hypothetically if he's bulldick he's roleplaying under a nom de plume... anything said would be in regards to the role play and NOT the actual actor.

• Like Like x 5
  2. McLovin

McLovin Should Update Title
    Nerdy

No.

The letter has nothing to do with Nina beyond simply asking for information. There's no cause of action against her. He'll, the letter doesn't even ask for anything to be taken down off the site.

Which, now that I think about it causes me to be skeptical about that letter. This would be the first out of quite a few I've seen at work over the years that isn't accompanied by directives to remove posts and preserve information.

Hmm.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Mitch_Wexler

Mellow

I may change my signature .... I'm not a lawyer..but I play one on the internet..... :rolleyes::goofy:

:lol::lol::lol:

• Like Like x 2
  4. McLovin

Nerdy

Oh---one more thing.

Props to Nina for posting the letter.

• Like Like x 5
  5. McLovin

Nerdy

We really need to get the [you] tag working so Aimee doesn't miss another golden opportunity.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Clancy

Clancy The drama is better at Hungry Jack's
    Diggingit

Lawyers will write a letter for you if you pay them, same as the candy store clerk will take your money in exchange for a chocolate bar. It's called making a sale.

But, Don—I know you are reading this—you would do better by investing in a bottle of Prozac instead of lawyer fees. A bottle of Prozac costs less, lasts longer, and will be much more effective in resolving your real issues.

Ponder this during your next lunch break in some exotic global location; damn, I am going to miss your phone cam shots of random trees and bushes.

Bye-bye, sucker.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Derek

Derek Psychohistorian

No. Read what I said again. Look for the word "hypothetically". Also notice where I stated what the letter wanted, "wants Tucows to provide Nina's name".
    Seems like I summed it up pretty well to me.

FWIW we are assuming it is Don but the post referred to in the letter mentions Clancy/Tarzan as well.
    hmmmm

8. Derek

Derek Psychohistorian

Do you have information as to why the case was withdrawn or are you making a supposition. It may be that a deal was struck in camera to withdraw upon consideration with the details locked from publication.

9. Derek

Derek Psychohistorian

Ya I saw that as well but it was more to do with the procedural aspect and its relation to the newspaper analogy revolving around "publisher"

10. Mitch_Wexler

Mellow

If Tarzan can give prescription advice.... then I feel fully vindicated in giving legal advice.... he's as much a doctor as I am a lawyer...
    :D

• Like Like x 3
  11. Clancy

Diggingit

So?
    You'd have to be pretty stupid to think it was me behind this, but not nearly as stupid as a guy trying to insinuate it's me.
    Thanks for your worthless comments so far—all of them.

12. Derek

Derek Psychohistorian

LOL
    Take a Valium Dr. Retard.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Aimee Weber

Aimee Weber Queen of the Metaverse

PZ said it was withdrawn on his website. I'm actually a fan of his.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Derek

Derek Psychohistorian

But what did Seed Media pay to get it withdrawn? PZ wasn't the one being sued.

15. nina

nina still prettier than you
    Nerdy

while this thread is certain to provoke strong opinions, please reserve any personal arguments/attacks for another thread.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Aimee Weber

Aimee Weber Queen of the Metaverse

I'm only going by what's been said. I didn't read anything about Seed Media paying anybody anything. I wouldn't, after all, want to start a supposition about a settlement.

17. Wad

Wad Drama is Fascinating
    Zorro

But he's a lot more a nut than you are a shark.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Derek

Derek Psychohistorian

Not to belabour the point but there are all sorts of reasons a suit may be withdrawn, not just because there appeared to be no case for the plaintiff. Settlements aren't always a matter of public record.

ETA It appears I was mistaken, Myers was a party to the action.

http://www.citmedialaw.org/sites/citmedialaw.org/files/2007-08-16-Complaint.pdf
    http://www.citmedialaw.org/sites/citmedialaw.org/files/2007-08-27-Plaintiff's Dismissal.pdf

• Like Like x 1
  19. colleen Criss

colleen Criss Your life will never be the same again.
    Cheerful

I'm really sad to see this honestly. It sux. BUT proves ....if you don't want it out there don't put it out there OR give permission for another to put it out there .

• Like Like x 3
  20. Clancy

Diggingit

Derek, Mulch and Aimee's thoughtful comments about yours furthered this discussion thread. Instead of being angry at them for that, and misdirecting the anger onto me, you should be grateful instead of feeling jealous; look at what pettiness has done to Don.