Standing invitation for SCMK-II and SLU People who have an axe to grind.....

Discussion in 'area17-NSFW' started by Lain, 7 Dec 2010.

1. LeeHere Absent

LeeHere Absent Just Lee
    Creative

What is this, the "feed the troll until it blows up like a virtual gluttonous attention whore" plan? Is there a precedent for this strategy? Examples of successes in the past? Troll tissue stuck to forum walls somewhere? Troll philosophy 101, "I get away with it, therefore I am," so that if enough people call a troll on its shit it will "cease to be?" How does this work exactly? Is the success rate higher than the old "don't feed the troll" tactic?

(I'd make a reference to a scene in the movie Who Is Killing the Great Chefs of Europe? here but I have not one hint of a prayer that anyone would get that particular oddball from the left field of my mind.)
    (I considered making a reference to the AA 5% success rate debate, but I dropped that notion because I suspect it would not have been taken in the gently playful spirit in which it would have been offered.)

• Like Like x 3
  2. Bulldick!

Bulldick! Rampaging
    Notamused

I so want that t-shirt!

:hug:

3. colleen Criss

colleen Criss Your life will never be the same again.
    Cheerful

Plan and plot the demise of all those who piss you off most. The sad fact is you'd have a better chance of hitting the numbers for millions then succeediing. But I guess we can all watch . :)

4. colleen Criss

colleen Criss Your life will never be the same again.
    Cheerful

Yeah I bet you do too! I knew it was you when I saw it.

5. Caity

Caity Should Update Title
    Lonely

:confused:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bulldick!

Bulldick! Rampaging
    Notamused

:tacklehug:

:hug:

• Like Like x 1
  7. GradyE

GradyE Hybrid Angel
    Angelic

Lovely post Jolene. Thank you for sharing that with us.:love:

• Like Like x 7
  8. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy HUZZAH!
    Scurvy

FUCK that!
    It's The Muthafuckin Kick Frenzy Show!!

Please welcome tonights guest...
    Ram Jam!!!

[​IMG]YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY!!!

• Like Like x 3
  9. tout

tout It is swimming time!!
    Mondayblues

Ram Jam rocks;)

• Like Like x 3
  10. Lias

Lias Open Community!
    Arsey

I did not demand anything. You said two people did something. I asked who. You chose not to respond.

IF. I answered your question then I would not have been subjected to '30 pages of drama', as you put it. That's an attempt of emotional extortion. And it didn't work out for you.

The same reason kick and Jolene do it.

Again, you said IF I had just answered a question about my RL there would not have been pages of drama from you.

11. tout

tout It is swimming time!!
    Mondayblues

• Like Like x 4
  12. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy HUZZAH!
    Scurvy

What reason is that, exactly?

• Like Like x 2
  13. Lias

Lias Open Community!
    Arsey

You are delusional. YOU started your same whiny nonsense about my post. I never address you unless you pop in to complain about me ignoring you.

I take it back - it's obvious you aren't responsible for what you post.

14. Lias

Lias Open Community!
    Arsey

it would just be thread derail after thread derail. Because I have no intention of allowing people to silence me.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Mississippi

Mississippi Batshit Insane

Can we revisit this perhaps?

While I am certainly honored to have been awarded cohorts, can I trade them in for minions instead?

Minions sound so much more fun, pliable, handy, faithful and possibly even pleasurable.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  16. Wad

Wad Drama is Fascinating
    Zorro

When EVERYONE finally decides for themselves just how wholly irrelevant you are, you will have been silenced, whether you like it or not. And that process is already well under way...

• Like Like x 4
  17. Wad

Wad Drama is Fascinating
    Zorro

Yes, considerably higher, actually...but you've got the wrong visualization (although the French practice of stuffing a goose until its liver explodes might be a workable one, now that I think about it ;) )...You can't rid of rats by not feeding them...They'll just multiply. Instead, you feed them poison and let their naturally voracious, greedy, sniveling nature's do the dirty work for you. THAT is how you 'whack-a-troll'.

Your 'starvation' method only works on pesky insects, like, for instance, a Colleen or a Wasted Engineer...But when you have the more virulent sort of infection that Lias represents, it calls for more assertive counteractions.

• Like Like x 1
  18. McLovin

McLovin Should Update Title
    Nerdy

That's the jist of it, right there. She (Lias) doesn't seem to recognize the value of advice or criticism and instead interprets everything as being told to shut up.

The result is someone who is probably quite interesting but impossible to believe. I have a feeling the real Lias is pretty cool, but be it disability or obstinateness, we're left with someone that's not worth knowing because she changes who she is at the drop of a hat.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Lias

Lias Open Community!
    Arsey

LOL. EVERYONE, huh? That's quote a task you are undertaking. I think you have a better chance of solving the conflict in the Middle East before you manage that feat, but everyone needs a hobby. Good luck.

20. Wad

Wad Drama is Fascinating
    Zorro

No luck necessary wormtongue. My success was assured as soon as you assured us all you weren't going anywhere.

21. LeeHere Absent

LeeHere Absent Just Lee
    Creative

"Appeaser the pleaser" and "fauxragequitting-internet-butthurt-RL-info-stalking creep." Beauty truly is in the eye of the spinner.