Standing invitation for SCMK-II and SLU People who have an axe to grind.....

Discussion in 'area17-NSFW' started by Lain, 7 Dec 2010.

1. Briana

Briana Vibrating erver closer to 4th Density
    Woot

Jaded Olbies?

You paid attention to that shit?

LOL, just some nonsense posts by jealous noobs in my book. Half the freaking people who ever speak poorly about oldbies are the first to IM me when I am on a 2003 alt poking around. I even keep a log of all the IMs they send to butt kiss.

More like: Jealous JadedSL Neverwas'ers.

• Like Like x 3
  2. nina

nina still prettier than you
    Nerdy

dod was invite-only. ss and the others were start ups, while slu was an established, thriving community. for somebody like me, meaning one without a deep social network cluing me in, slu was the only practical choice.

3. GradyE

GradyE Hybrid Angel
    Angelic

What? No pioneering spirit Nina? :(

4. nina

Nerdy

i think what that may be is a certain kind of concern that the 'same old gang' will somehow end up calling all the shots again.

5. nina

Nerdy

its not like that. simply put, i had no idea ss and the others even existed because i didnt have people telling me about them. slu was already well-known though, so it was really my only choice.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Textured Surface

Textured Surface Fuck your title.

I think we need a "Real life picture... with weapons!" thread.
    A slight variation of the original.

• Like Like x 2
  7. GradyE

GradyE Hybrid Angel
    Angelic

I'm not sure my sarcasm gun will photo well tho. :(

• Like Like x 2
  8. Snapper O'Callaghan

Snapper O'Callaghan It's not a hug. I'm not finished strangling you.

I don't smell much grinding hereabouts.

9. Liona Clio

Liona Clio Poetry in Motion
    Benevolent

Okay, we totally need a :rimshot: smiley.

I have yet to see a person who's been banned or otherwise restricted on any forum I've been on to be pure and innocent of all guilt in the matter at hand. I try not be an asshat, and so far I've never been disciplined by forum admin during my admittedly long history online. (I've been a blonde 20-ish Phil Foglio character for many years, y'know)

The recent brouhaha of the last couple of months wasn't just simple asshattery, however. Things happened. Attacks were made on websites, and malicious intent was admitted. Nothing really got sorted out from that, and I can understand why some people in the SL forum community might be a bit on the defensive.

The names may never hurt us....but those sticks and stones can bring out wounds that can be a long time healing.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Fatz

Fatz ..is a professional.

That's the one. It's generally accepted that isn't motherfic. Everything on that page concerning me being Anyones alt or vice versa is BS. I can also personally verify Coyote isn't anyone elses alt on that page either. The remaining info I can't technically personally verify, but I'm 99.999% sure--along with pretty much everyone else--that it's complete BS.

Actually, until Bams busted Fester I thought the author of that blog was the person jacking with FSC.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Briana

Woot

I believe you were preemptively banned at SS - #43 style.

12. Briana

Woot

Sorry, i don't know what kool-aid you may be drinking. But being banned in absentia for 6 months - no reason, except for associations, is pretty much "innocent of all guilt in the matter at hand".

Especially since I never had a problem at SLU until Nina and I announced our wedding and Joshua then turned from Briana defender to Rabid Attacker - thus starting every single problem there, leading to My first ban, and then my ban in absentia for no reason.

So, whatever. Guilty of what? Telling Joshua to stop harassing me in every goddamn thread i posted in and his not stopping it, the Admin not stopping it, but yet changing my sig for pointing out the abuse being heaped on me by his best friend.

O.k...

13. Briana

Woot

Fester made that website?

It is laughable that i could be an alt of Joshua, someone that has never done anything to benefit the SL grid ever. Also someone that loves to say they were in beta and have a 2002/2003 account, but won't say who...wtf is with that? Those that can do, those that can't obfuscate.

14. Lias

Lias Open Community!
    Arsey

I think people of a certain mindset are concerned about who owns the forum. I post on forums not related to SL and I never have wondered who owned them. I do not think the owner of a public forum and its staff should make themselves the central character of the community. I liked that Cristiano and Joshua decided to go further back behind the curtain and behave more professional. It is a precedent that seems a good one.

I noticed the poster that went to SC recently and was treated rudely came here and was more welcome. So the hostility is not here - but some SCers are carriers.

15. nina

Nerdy

well, coyote was telling people that i was going to be pre-emptively banned, but it didnt actually happen that i know of. i did drop in some time later and registered and made a post in a hate thread coyote had started about me, but i never participated beyond that.

16. Liona Clio

Liona Clio Poetry in Motion
    Benevolent

Just because I haven't seen a ban of an innocent user doesn't mean it hasn't happened, Bri. I have no idea what was going on with you and Josh, or how that influenced Cris.

I am no kneejerk supporter of Cris or Leck...I've disagreed with both of them vocally on several occasions. I respect everyone's own opinions on the mods. It's my view that admins, while only human, do what they do because they enjoy the forums and the community.

I truly believe that Leck, Cris, whomever owns gV, and all the moderators of all the SL related forums are here for the fun of it. The agendas everyone speculates about are mostly illusory.

I also believe if more people took a step back, took a breath, and realized the above, most of the butthurt, ragequitting, and countertrolling would cease.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Briana

Woot

OR

The admins can stop being ASSHOLES.

Specifically: A DRUNKEN ASSHOLE.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Briana

Woot

But hey, why put the onus on the admin to set the standard of how to act in their own house.

Shit actually rolls down hill. People get their marching orders on what is kosher and not kosher by the actions and words of the admin and moderating team.

This is why phrases like: LEAD BY EXAMPLE - are fucking timeless.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Snapper O'Callaghan

Snapper O'Callaghan It's not a hug. I'm not finished strangling you.

This is true for me.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Briana

Woot

And furthermore.

"Butt hurt" seems to be the new word for undermining anyone with a valid gripe about a forum experience.

It doesn't mean shit to me. In fact, I think that the only reason the word is being slung around so much is so to ridicule the people who are complaining and thus fitting this 'butt hurt" forum stereotype being perpetrated by the people who are actually the angriest, and themselves are butt hurt.

Why does anyone give a fuck about why someone else has a negative opinion on another forum in the first place is beyond me. Oh, snap i forgot - fanboism

• Like Like x 4