Tapatalk?

Discussion in 'gV engineering' started by Cody, 23 Nov 2010.

1. Lias

Lias Open Community!
    Arsey

LOL.

one of us

2. nina

nina still prettier than you
    Nerdy

its funny how little time it took for tapatalk to go from 'we are considering support for xf along with mybb, etc' to actually converting their own vb to xf ;)
    http://tapatalk.com/forum/

3. Lias

Lias Open Community!
    Arsey

Has anyone else upgraded to Tapatalk2? It's pretty nice.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mulch

Mulch Why does the drum come hither?
    Psychedelic

Me + tapatalk HD which I like VERY much

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lias

Lias Open Community!
    Arsey

Yeah, I hate learning new programs, but this time I don't mind. It was pretty brave of them to scrap their other version and go with this.

6. Lain

Lain End of line. #resist
    Sneaky

I'm using Tapatalk 2.4.10, which I am steadily growing to like. I still am adverse to extended bouts of on-screen typing, but I'm becoming more comfortable with navigating the interface and learning to get around quicker.

I figured it was a solid purchase for my current tablet, and any future droids I might acquire.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Liona Clio

Liona Clio Poetry in Motion
    Benevolent

Upgraded to Tapatalk 2...Nice features, worth a buck, I guess. :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. nina

nina still prettier than you
    Nerdy

lots of super negative reviews on tapatalk2. is there anything it does that the original doesnt?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lain

Lain End of line. #resist
    Sneaky

I dunno I never used the first one? Now I'm not even sure I'm talking about the same app mine is labeled 'Tapatalk' but in the version box it's listed as 2.4.1.

10. Mulch

Mulch Why does the drum come hither?
    Psychedelic

what is the issue that people have with 2?

i was an early adopter both for my forum and on my smart phone. paid $0.99 the first day 1 came on sale because free or beta prior was awesome.

improvements such as saved posts, sorting, and moderation has completely improved, as has stability, saved posts, camera/gallery share hosted on either tapatalk servers or the host forum

i think people on the internet just like to bitch and pine about the old days like jaded oldbies or are fanbois of specific platforms, but tapatalk has always impressed me both for how the presented material looked and was accessed, how they allowed you to interact with it, its rock solid stability, low price, and cool features. push is a godsend on a mobile device, for instance, especially if you live in your notification bar.

come on nina, fuck the internet bitch boys. how do YOU feel about it, both as a user and admin?

as a user and admin, i have ZERO reason to use my phone or tablet browser to access forums to easily and conveniently read/moderate forums when tapatalk performs so well, intuitively, and cleanly on a mobile device

sporadic support for individual mods and hacks is a nice touch, as well. while obviously not an advertised feature, i notice both gv and fih now have embedded youtube support in tapatalk, a noticeably missing early request

and i know my forum software does not officially support youtube embeds (which i have thanks to a mod), and i am pretty sure vbull and xf also do not support it natively, but use mods/hacks to embed.

youtube support in forums accessed via tapatalk on all three forum platforms i mentioned are seamlessly integrated, although not advertised and not officially supported by the vanilla forum software.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Lias

Lias Open Community!
    Arsey

Yeah, what Mulch said.

12. Lias

Lias Open Community!
    Arsey

Its an entire new app. Look up Tapatalk 2 in your app store.