The Decimator MD-HX

Discussion in 'tech' started by Mulch, 9 Apr 2016.

1. Mulch

Mulch Why does the drum come hither?
    Psychedelic

Yeah. I normally advise against buying gear; i suggest renting it

[​IMG]

but i bought one of these. I might buy 1-2 more as they are THAT useful. i use them ALL THE TIME and while their are substitutions that are great in very specific ways, these boxes can do a number of things, often at the same time, each, making them more valuable/economical than, lets say, the black magic/aja alternatives

This is way inside baseball video, but if you do ANY kind of video production, pay attention because this is the "swiss army knife" of video

it can do all of these things, independently, VERY WELL

4x SDI DA
    SDI scaler
    HDMI to SDI
    SDI to HDMI
    video AND audio if embedded (12 channels)
    Source input verification

It can do some if not most of these things, simultaneously, in various configurations

$300, this kind of functionality, COMBINED with its ease of use, REALLY HOT red coloring, and most importantly, FUNCTIONALITY, make this a product to look at, consider, and eventually love

i bought my own, from amazon, only $300. but WELL worth it, even tho i dont have a single SDI hookup in my own home (ymmv, honestly)

also check out their multiviewers. FANTASTIC (except for not having a loop on every channel)!

http://decimator.com/Products/MiniConverters/MD-HX/MD-HX.html

[​IMG]

i am so hot for these boxes the next logical step, is me going out, door to door, sunday mornings and spreading the good word of the Decimator!

proof, that when i talk shit about people from down under, i dont mean ALL of the them. there are some good ones, too

ps , i have a legit fear of spiders. ask kita if you dont believe me

i LOVE their spider logo!

this product truly makes me happy, and ridiculously EXCEEDED every expectation that i had for it

Last edited: 9 Apr 2016
  2. nina

nina still prettier than you
    Nerdy

i still have no idea what it does, but it does look pretty cool :happy:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  3. Mulch

Mulch Why does the drum come hither?
    Psychedelic

check out the amazon reviews for how beloved this little red box is (i had to put it in the code tag, otherwise, xenforo freaked the fuck out and wouldnt let me post this link)

Code:
    http://www.amazon.com/Decimator-DD-HX-Converter-Scaling-Conversion/product-reviews/B00QPRGGCS/ref=cm_cr_dp_qt_see_all_top?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=helpful

• Like Like x 1