the gV style/theme thread

Discussion in 'news' started by Mars, 2 Jan 2011.

Tags:
  1. Mars

Mars MCP
    vbulletin4

it has been suggested that there may be a bit of a 'style dilemma' at gV. the dark theme is very dark, and the light theme is very light, with nothing in-between, and one may feel that they must choose between the 'lesser of evils'.
    with that in mind, we have made a new theme available; 'lightish' is essentially the light theme, although it has been 'muted' somewhat.

please let us know your current thoughts on the available styles. which do you prefer, and why? is there one you particularly dont like? why? is there some visual element you would like changed?

under no circumstances should this thread be derailed or used as a venue to deride one another.
    let us make this more clear: the MCP will not, under any possible circumstances, tolerate off-topic commentary or ad hominem exchanges within the threads it initiates.

we thank you in advance for your participation.

2. Tracer

Tracer SLU Sycophant

I vote for paisley

• Like Like x 4
  3. Clancy

Clancy The drama is better at Hungry Jack's
    Diggingit

Lightish is goodish. For sure-ish.
    I like all the styles so far. Thanks!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Bunnie

Bunnie Everybody loves the sunshine.
    Baked

I like the lightish, nice. The dark ones are too dark for me, so maybe a few lighter colored choices like the new one would rock. Thanks! :cheergirl:

5. GradyE

GradyE Hybrid Angel
    Angelic

Lightish is too brightish for me.

*is happy with the dark

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lias

Lias Open Community!
    Arsey

I like dark but the letters in Dark are too gray for me to read if I am too far away from the screen.

The 'SLU-style' Lightish is much more readable but late at night I would want to use a darker theme.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bunnie

Baked

That's what it is with me too. The dark is awesome, but I have trouble reading the letters.

8. Sarah Nerd

Sarah Nerd Feels most comfortable around other misfits.
    Barefooter

I'm fucking thrilled with the grey/purple theme. As long as that sticks around I'll be a happy camper.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lexxi

Lexxi mew
    Horny

Light is good for me. I am not against things being added, but do not remove themes please.

• Like Like x 2
  10. nina

nina still prettier than you
    Nerdy

slu-style! :mad:
    which text do you guys have difficulty reading? the post content? the dateline text? or the like/reply text?

id be surprised to see themes disappear.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Snapper O'Callaghan

Snapper O'Callaghan It's not a hug. I'm not finished strangling you.

I like the dark. I have no problem reading it.

I prefer a dark background with a shade of type that isn't bright.

• Like Like x 2
  12. GradyE

GradyE Hybrid Angel
    Angelic

This is really all about porridge.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Govi

Govi Ça va chier.
    Bitchy

the mobile theme has several problems. The first is that it apparently does not remember (set a cookie?) that I choose the mobile theme; I have to reselect it each time. Selecting the mobile theme on a smartphone (mine is a Blackberry Storm) is a big headache because the theme choice is tucked way down at the bottom. In the mobile theme, if I remember aright, logout is tucked between several choices that are more useful to staying logged in (changing theme?), meaning that it's difficult to avoid logging out unintentionally.

At the bottom of each page of posts, it would be really nice if the mobile theme had a "top" link rather than having to scroll back up through a long page. It would be really nice, too, if that "top" link were kept well away from any log-out button.

And the lightish theme is much much easier on my eyes. Thank you!:cheergirl:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Bunnie

Baked

I guess I prefer the dark text on lighter background than the other way around.

15. Charlemagne Allen

Charlemagne Allen The Contessa

The prophecy predicts One who will bring balance the Force.

Everyone should check their midi-chlorians just to be sure.

:p

• Like Like x 3
  16. nina

nina still prettier than you
    Nerdy

im digging the 'lightish' style more and more. its my new preference.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Bunnie

Baked

Wasn't sure where the f to stick this, but thought this thread was appropriate enough. I like how there is always a cute little theme pic on the gotVirtual title when there is a holiday. I always notice and just wanted to say I liked it. The tie is cute today. :D

• Like Like x 5
  18. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy HUZZAH!
    Scurvy

Sounds like it might be worth it's own thread... say if people want to offer suggestions as to other holidays they'd like to see icons for. :)
    (Which reminds me, it would be cool if there was a thread or album with some stock gV pics for use in banners and stuff.)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Lain

Lain End of line. #resist
    Sneaky

I like dark styles. Brighter colors make it harder to hide in the dark. :angel:

• Like Like x 3
  20. colleen Criss

colleen Criss Your life will never be the same again.
    Cheerful

I switch mine , I get bored LOL.

• Like Like x 1