Wait wait Lain do not get away..

Discussion in 'gV engineering' started by tout, 13 Jul 2013.

1. tout

tout It is swimming time!!
    Mondayblues

I have a question.

2. tout

Mondayblues

When i go to some sites, all of sudden i hear my hard drive itches thoroughly, the PC is blocked even the mouse does not move and then after about 20 seconds while restarts, it worries me, and in the status bar of the browser
    ''waiting juggler. services. disqus. com''
    What is this thing? Thank you.:):loco:

3. Cody

Cody a.k.a. Ecliptic Lackey
    Balanced

My un-computer-geeky guess: there's some kind of plugin - a bit of extra software - in your browser that is being activated by the code of that webpage when you visit it. If the webpage's code is incomplete, or if it does not provide that plugin with some necessary data or instructions, or even if the plugin's own software is broken somehow, your browser becomes confused and gets stuck, not able to operate until some other software instruction fixes the problem or makes it go away.

4. tout

Mondayblues

But it is new, it was not like that before and this get to any page here for example or Eurosport..What can i do? i dunno.

5. tout

Mondayblues

Maybe it is not my computer because it is the same thing on my laptop and my desk computer too.

6. Cody

Cody a.k.a. Ecliptic Lackey
    Balanced

It may be just bad or broken code on those websites perhaps?

• Like Like x 1
  7. tout

Mondayblues

I have no ideas now...:(

8. Kita

Kita Should Update Title

Is there an actual grinding sound coming from inside your computer? Like the hard drive grinding?

Hard drives fail after a few years, and they usually let you know when they are on their death throes if you pay attention. They will start to cause errors, hang-ups, crashes, and make noises. It means it is time for a new harddrive before you lose all your data, it might be on it's last legs!

You can run disk check from inside windows to confirm or rule out a harddrive failure. It will throw errors on that test when it is on it's way out.

9. Lain

Lain End of line. #resist
    Sneaky

So, you get this issue no matter which computer you use, but the website we're discussing is the same, yes? Or is it a series of sites?

10. Lain

Sneaky

A quick Google leads me to believe this is an add-on or other piece of software that has been installed/activated and you should locate and remove it.

11. tout

Mondayblues

it is fast all the sites, and with my 2 computers, not really grinding sound, and no more as 20 seconds, very strange, my laptop just comeback from a computer shop after a clean inside and new paste, but this is not the reason because the desktop do the same.
    i am doing the disk check now.
    well i have to go..i will come back later, thank you all for your friendly advice..

12. tout

Mondayblues

Wait it must come from my internet, tel, TV '' Kabel Deutschland'' because i see nothing wrong with the both computer, and that happen just when i am starting in internet..

13. GradyE

GradyE Hybrid Angel
    Angelic

Hang on Tout!

Help is on the way! :hug:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  14. tout

Mondayblues

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  15. Kita

Kita Should Update Title

Disqus sounds like the source of the problem. They seem like they make little comment section addons for some of the websites. If they are slow, it will cause all the websites who use them to load slow as it waits for Disqus to load. Just like when your photo host is slow, and it takes a page a long time to load the pictures. Nothing you can do about it, it is not your computer's fault. The site owners need to tell Disqus to shape up!

• Like Like x 2
  16. tout

Mondayblues

Yes very nice Kita, i think this is the point, and i have '' DoNotTrackPlus but nothing changed, well i will have to live with it.
    But why am i the only one to have it on my back?

17. Govi

Govi Ça va chier.
    Bitchy

C'est la croix que vous devez supporter.

• Like Like x 1
  18. tout

Mondayblues

Et oui, voila ma penitence!

19. Lain

Sneaky

Have you tried running adblock+? Probably not going to help but it will speed up your browsing experience and keep a good portion of those ad tracker widgets at bay. There's an add-on for just about every browser I believe.

20. Lain

Sneaky

ETA: IF you're using Firefox you can install "No-Script" which blocks ALL of those little annoying widgets but the downside is you have to tell it which websites you do not want it blocking, like gV for example, as blocking useful widgets will hinder functionality.