Where are the best places to talk Second Life Sex? (mature-NSFW)

Discussion in 'mature-NSFW' started by LeeHere Absent, 6 Sep 2011.

?

Where are the best places to talk Second Life Sex?

1. Official Second Life Forum (SLF)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. SLUniverse (SLU)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. gotVirtual.net (gV)

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. Other third-party virtual world forum (see post)

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. Blogs (see blogs & links in post)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Inworld sims (see names & slurls in post)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Mentors (just find someone inworld to help you)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Website (see post)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other (see post)

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  1. LeeHere Absent

LeeHere Absent Just Lee
    Creative

I did. It was cute. Thanks for the laugh.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bunnie

Bunnie Everybody loves the sunshine.
    Baked

Boo, hiss.

(Didn't want folks to think I was actually participating in the sex chat with the groaning.) ;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Orfeu Miles

Orfeu Miles Lurker
    Wtf

I think of the forums, gv is prolly the best fit.
    We do have a slight habit of constant de-rails....rather than substantive discussion here...but one can hope.:goofy:

Other than that....your "Thats what she said" blog, also seems to fit the bill admirably.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Bunnie

Bunnie Everybody loves the sunshine.
    Baked

Believe it or not, SC2 used to be the forum to be at, in my opinion. Well, mostly for the trouble makers and very naughty. I fit right in!

It's just kind of...sad now.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Lain

Lain End of line. #resist
    Sneaky

Give me a fucking break. :rolleyes:

6. Lain

Lain End of line. #resist
    Sneaky

Good to know we won't be tapping you on the shoulder any time soon.

7. Jolene

Jolene Sarah's Apparent Alt
    Amazed

I'm not sure that there is a BEST place to discuss it. I think at its heart SL itself is the best place to learn about it through experimentation. That's what makes it fun. The mistakes, laughter, and eventually settling into your own style IF you even choose to partake.

I think back to my own slex education. A friend took me to Orgy Island and then left me there! :D No, I didn't hook up, but I had a good look about the place, basically learning ONLY the mechanics of it, as it applied to SL. As it WAS Orgy Island (public venue) this consisted of the guys wearing freenises, some of the gals wearing their bits, a wide variety of poseballs and lots of emotes of "Ooh baby", and "Take it harder, bitch." I spent the majority of my time there laughing, but did walk away with the idea that, "Ok, so...this world has sexxin' and you might want extra bits if you choose to participate in it."

Later, when I was involved with someone and we wanted to slex, we worked it out together. This didn't involve bits at all, but im only, which honestly? Is the way I prefer. But to each his own. We also DID try out the various bits and bobs that could be bought and used (That's where searching in-world comes into play), the huds or beds that you wish to use. If one is inclined to prefer that method, including the visual with the cerebral, then shopping together in-world and trying out the various products together is the sure way to go. There can still be those laugh worthy moments and perhaps even some cringe worthy moments. IMO, that WAS part of the fun of it. Things like the fact that bits just often don't line up in SL, or that he wants to get a GIGANTIC peener. But it's fun. What can I say?

Now? None of that helps the person who either yet, doesn't have a partner, or envisions hooking up with strangers, and wants to be *on the ready*. In their case, I would say that ALL of the major SL forums suffice. If someone enters asking what are the nicest bits, they'll get many answers. Same for HUDS and beds. Those answers will be dependent upon each person's preference. I remember those types of threads in the old SLF, and in general, they were very informative for folks. It could probably still take place, within restraints, and could EASILY and have taken place on SC, GV or SLU.

In fact, I'd direct those with such questions to past threads using search, such as this one:
    http://community.secondlife.com/t5/...out-sex-beds-blush/td-p/154307/highlight/true
    http://community.secondlife.com/t5/...-BDSM-in-SL/m-p/338565/highlight/true#M145473
    http://community.secondlife.com/t5/...e-equipment/m-p/441374/highlight/true#M206060

Okay, those are just from a really quick search on the official forums. I suck at search, so I didn't do it again at SLU or GV. But I'm sure that, past and present, if someone were to ask similar questions, they'd get useful answers.

• Like Like x 3
  8. LeeHere Absent

LeeHere Absent Just Lee
    Creative

I didn't feel comfortable talking about sex the way I wanted to on RLetc. I gave it a try and it didn't work. There just wasn't an audience for it and the forum was trending so mellow and close-knit, which is great, but it's not conducive to a "That's What She Said" with talk about Wannafuckers and paraphilias and questions designed to get new perspectives. I felt like I was trying to talk dirty with my mom and the neighbors sometimes and since people on RLetc know me so well, there was kind of a "yes dear" response that just didn't go with what I was trying to get at. It was time to go outside to play. ;)

My perspective on SC MKII is, I think, fairly well known. It's a great site for those already on it, but not for a newcomer with outré content who wants to stir things up a bit (though Monna would have loved it). I don't think I could have started a "That's What She Said" thread on there without doing the old "forum membership through persistent tenure" thing and even then not so much because once a forum becomes a close-knit group of old friends who have paired off or grouped off and don't go inworld much except maybe to build or sell or play with virtual pets, then the interest in the salacious, aside from a few headlines ripped from Google News, just isn't interesting to the membership. It's like talking football in a knitting circle or knitting at a sports bar. It's just not the right venue. People want to talk about Sarah Palin and "Game of Thrones" not hydraulic vibrators and eating-fetish poseballs in Second Life.

I'm not comfortable talking about sex on SLF because it is PG and includes teens and it's a corporate product site. I want to be able to say "fuck" and post a picture of the dildo or piercing or poseball I'm talking about.

SLU is a better, but not perfect option, in some ways. They have Social Groups for sex talk and people interested in the subject and tenured SLers as well as new residents and a large enough group for some variety, but Cristiano has to cater to advertisers and so posting is not as free-wheeling as it is on gV. I got some great responses over on SLU, but I also got this..."Keep in mind, even though the topics are adult in those subforums, you are not allowed to post naked SL or RL pictures," which is totally reasonable, but it tightens the parameters too much. There's also a possible tendency to close down alternative lifestyle viewpoints and part of my interest is curiosity about other people. But wow, the knowledge base there for newbie questions or tech questions is comparable only to SLF. It's a great resource.

gV has SO much potential for content like that because it is an 18+ forum, you can post adult verbal and pictorial content and nina has created a really open environment conducive to adult content, which I love, and it is on the Wiki list and fairly well known, but our community dynamic puts a bit of a wrench in the mix. I think gV is still too small at this point and too many battles have been fought and are still going on and there's been a fair amount of the same people having a lot to say (me included). I think there is a risk of it being like RLetc and SC MKII in terms of only a small group of people who've already heard each other posting in the adult-content threads. I think too that it would have to be someone other than me, or anyone who, like me, draws a certain predictable derail and negative attention, to get the ball rolling again. This thread is one example of that. I don't think I could have started "That's What She Said" today and ended up with the results I got when I started it here last time and I don't think I could revive that thread and get similar results to what's already there, though I would love to do so. We lost Ishtara, but I'd love to have Ishtara and Stroker Serpentine and other people who actually "do" sex in Second Life here on gV talking about it.

gV and RLetc and SC MKII have a similar dynamic in terms of the community closing ranks in a way, but all three do it so totally differently. I know it's a stretch, because the tone of each is so completely different, but I think all three are at risk of...deferring certain content to other sites, wittingly and unwittingly. Just one woman's impression.

The Utherverse forums are good for sex talk, natch, but it's a product forum, not a third-party virtual world forum, so you can't talk about Second Life in there. And it's Springerville troll central in there much of the time and when a new patch comes through it's the complaint department.

Blogs are a great intermediary alternative, but forums are so much better because each poster has equal posting ability and can post pics and vids and format their posts.

I tend to think there is an unserved niche, but perhaps the fact that the niche does not really exist yet means I am wrong and the number of people who want to talk SLex and cybersex and virtual sex is more limited or already more well served than I thought. Sometimes virtual world forums become about posting and not about virtual world activity that leads to posting.

ETA: I loved the "That's What She Said" thread and the mature section of gV when it was really poppin. People who commented in the "That's What She Said" thread on gV and made it fun were people like Caity, colleen, Liona Clio, Dale Innis, Derek, Dakota Cody, Pep, Don Mill, Ishtara, Han Held, Lexxi, Maryanne, Lum, Orfeu, Grady, Stephie, Storm, Venus, Kris (OFF) and Fuckwad. Great humor, great stories, great perspectives, great questions and genuine interest and curiosity. Good stuff.

Fine print: I'm just using "That's What She Said" as an example.

• Like Like x 6
  9. LeeHere Absent

LeeHere Absent Just Lee
    Creative

tl;dr

• Like Like x 2
  10. Jolene

Amazed

Sorry. Shrug.

11. LeeHere Absent

LeeHere Absent Just Lee
    Creative

No worries.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Cody

Cody a.k.a. Ecliptic Lackey
    Balanced

*has a giggling fit*

13. Jolene

Amazed

Speaking of tl;dr. What's up with saying that, then posting a wall?

14. LeeHere Absent

LeeHere Absent Just Lee
    Creative

I posted the wall, then said it.

It was not directed at you.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Cody

Cody a.k.a. Ecliptic Lackey
    Balanced

POI: All my comments were PG! For the record.

Also, my name comes before Pep's in the list. :smitten::tacklehug:

• Like Like x 3
  16. Jolene

Amazed

Ah...DERP. Sorry, again.

• Like Like x 1
  17. LeeHere Absent

LeeHere Absent Just Lee
    Creative

I thought you'd know my self-deprecating sardonic sense of humor better than that by now, Jolene. ;) Don't make me fine print you, lady.

• Like Like x 1
  18. LeeHere Absent

LeeHere Absent Just Lee
    Creative

I think we should all go talk SLacious SLexing on "Second Thoughts."

Fine print: I'm totally kidding.

• Like Like x 3
  19. ev0L

ev0L Ghost in The Shell

Lee... I don't see the point of this thread.
    If you want to talk slex, then why not just ask Nina for a special section.
    Of course, it indeed would be helpful if you had your own section and was the moderator for that section, so that you could kick the trouble makers out of it.

20. GradyE

GradyE Hybrid Angel
    Angelic

The phrase "ya little minx" was coined for you wasn't it? :p

• Like Like x 4