Who Gives A Shit?

Discussion in 'onTopic' started by Trinity Serpentine, 24 Nov 2010.

Tags:
  1. Mulch

Mulch Why does the drum come hither?
    Psychedelic

you should, cold smoking is awesome

sorry if my response was rude. i hate golf, would never watch or play, and dont know any camera ops who do it, nor have any inclination to learn

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mulch

Psychedelic

dont lie, you are envious you arent at "lesbian spring break" this week ;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bunnie

Bunnie Everybody loves the sunshine.
    Baked

Maybe I am. Just sayin'. ;)

• Hug Hug x 1
  4. Mulch

Psychedelic

http://www.desertsun.com/story/spor...-tees-off-impresses-ana-inspiration/82427120/

• Like Like x 2
  5. Mulch

Psychedelic

https://www.yahoo.com/news/cia-leaves-explosives-school-bus-training-exercise-172712978.html

• Laugh Laugh x 1
  6. Mulch

Psychedelic

tonight was los lobos and los lonely boys

i have seen los lobos a couple times, on my own dime (1st time in 1996), and enjoyed every minute of it. tonight i requested this gig for them specifically, and was totally surprised that they were opening for los lonely boys, who i never heard of

los lobos delivered, as usual, not only did i get "ma y mas" i was hoping for, but i got a dead tune (good lovin, cover, although i would have preferred bertha), but also an unexpected rip roaring explosion of allman brothers band "one way out" that brought los lonely boys out for one hell of a sick ass jam with the members of boths bands trading blistering solos and harmonies. it was so sick, a member of their crew came to us during the jam and asked if we were recording. sadly, we were not :( you will just have to trust me as a long time fan of los lobos AND even more, the allman brothers band, this was one hell of a jam and did the tune justice, big time!

it turns out i did know 1 of los lonely boys songs, and you probably do too, heaven

aside from that, these actual brothers are LEGIT. its REALLY hard to be a "power trio," but these guys delivered. granted, they brought out various members of los lobos and even their dad, but when it was just the 3 of them, they held their own and then some.

as usual i can ALWAYS enthusiastically recommend los lobos as they have aged VERY well and still a very relevant live music act. i would have preferred them to headline, but that being said, los lonely boys were pretty great as well. both highly recommended if you enjoy actual spontaneity and live music played with passion and conviction

• Like Like x 2
  7. Mulch

Psychedelic

tonight was il volo

good act but i want to give special props to probably my favorite lighting director i have ever worked with yet, Emanuele.

he absolutely gives a shit and spent a lot of time working with me to make sure we put on the best possible show. not for his boss. not for the band. but for the audience

it is ALWAYS a pleasure to work with those that actually give a shit. even before i spoke with him, i knew i liked him when i saw him with light meters calibrating the follow spots to each other so it was even and looked good on camera(i have never EVER seen this level of detail and care done, especially for a show for only a couple thousand. i do million dollar shows without this level of care from a lighting director, most who dont even meter the stage, let alone follow spots).

the singers and band were good, but this LD was something special.

oh, and it looked fucking amazing. very pink floyd-ish. i sincerely hope i work with him again

8. Mulch

Psychedelic

today and the next few days is paypal

and i got news that i will likely LEAP from a 4th degree bacon, to a first degree bacon.

this is SO exciting!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mulch

Psychedelic

RIP, amber rayne. my favorite pr0n star (even tho she was CONSIDERABLY more extreme than me). she was awesome, interviews show that

she was amazing and will surely be missed. so sad. so young.

bad drugs suck (i dont know that it is drugs yet, but she was only 31)

10. Mulch

Psychedelic

Congrats, you are all now 2nd degree Bacon.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Laugh Laugh x 1
  11. Mulch

Psychedelic

Merle Haggard has died on his 79th birthday.

:(

12. nina

nina still prettier than you
    Nerdy

lots of ugly comments elsewhere about this :( by all accounts she was down to earth and soldiered on through numerous personal life setbacks.
    rip

a sad day. i have always had a strong love for outlaw country, and merle was one of a handful of juggernauts of the scene.
    rip

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Mulch

Psychedelic

i actually found out about 10 minutes before the news broke today while i was working with a friend of his family. yeah, he was damn good

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Mulch

Psychedelic

15. nina

Nerdy

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Govi

Govi Ça va chier.
    Bitchy

• Like Like x 1
  17. Mulch

Psychedelic

• Like Like x 1
  18. nina

Nerdy

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Govi

Govi Ça va chier.
    Bitchy

You say that as if you think it was a bad thing. It was not. It was a very good thing and high time, too.

• Noob Noob x 1
  20. nina

Nerdy

• Laugh Laugh x 1