Who Gives A Shit?

Discussion in 'onTopic' started by Trinity Serpentine, 24 Nov 2010.

Tags:
  1. Mulch

Mulch Why does the drum come hither?
    Psychedelic

2. Mulch

Psychedelic

3. nina

nina still prettier than you
    Nerdy

vince has been known to have anger issues and the like, even starting fistfights with bandmates in public!

4. Mulch

Psychedelic

i know

a colleague of mine was in a band with him before motley crew

i still cant stand them

5. Mulch

Psychedelic

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Minnesota-Burger-King-workers-smash-windows-after-7238717.php

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mulch

Psychedelic

so a few weeks ago, i noticed a commemorative plaque outside my favorite gas station, by the front door. i usually just pay at the pump and it is often crowded (really cheap gas), so I never noticed it before

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

its not every gas station that advertises a famous hooker bust

now i am considering buying a souvenir penny!

[​IMG]

a little backstory for those of you who don't know what this is all about (everyone but govi, i am guessing)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Laugh Laugh x 1
  7. Govi

Govi Ça va chier.
    Bitchy

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Mulch

Psychedelic

last night was los tigres del norte

just going to leave it at that, as i thought they were way better the last time i did their show.

still, there IS something to be said about a band who has been together for 45 years with virtually the same lineup

tonight was gladys knight (no pips)

just wow. at 71, she was absolutely stunning (i would SO hit that), she moved like a cat, was chatty, positive, and changed her setlist on the fly, and OMFG that voice. she has lost NOTHING with age and her pipes can make the current crop of "pop" stars RAGE with envy

no joke, she is LEGIT (and she should be after 63, yes, SIXTY THREE YEARS of performing professionally)

my only gripe was the current arrangement of midnight train, which was very upbeat, despite being a brutally touching farewell to lost aspirations. i prefer the song delivered as a tribute to lost dreams, love, and loyalty with a somber tone paying homage to what remains after a massive heartbreak. a sad, yet sweetly joyful dirge, if you will

she was just in too good of spirits for all that!

it sounded great, so it is a minor quibble on an extraordinary performance, but here is the original to give me the fix i missed tonight

when she belts out "I've got to be with him" the final time... my God, it is earth shaking raw. hot hot hot

over 100 years of musical history in the last 2 nights. kind of mind blowing when i stop to think about it

Last edited: 10 Apr 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Mulch

Psychedelic

here is mostly her current band and current arrangement of midnight train (there were some differences) from 1 month ago, but i want to make some serious comparisons from this video and what i saw tonight

i think she went vegan or something. because my equipment accentuates flaws, and the flaws i see in this video did not appear tonight. i didnt see any flaw; she was smoking hot from the moment she took the stage, through her classics, through some nina, sarah, and ella standards, and her gospel closing, FLAWLESS

she is slimmer and svelter than this video right now
    she moves WAY better than this video; a very confident and strong stride, where this video makes it look like she is hobbling around (trust me, she isnt, perhaps it was a really small stage in this video, she, by no means, hobbled tonight)
    this version seems a bit more somber than the very upbeat version i saw tonight

no matter what, i still got my "woo woo's" in, so i am happy

probably the best motown act i have seen live, followed by smokey robinson and then the temptations, if i had top rank it (i still havent seen stevie wonder yet, but i did talk to him on the phone for like 5 minutes about the weather and other such wonderful banalities, but that doesnt count since i havent been in the room while he was performing)

she is BY MILES ahead of the pack though. she wasnt a pop creation, it is VERY OBVIOUS she has God gifted talent that other graduates from hitsville, usa, no matter their charisma, only WISH they had

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mulch

Psychedelic

limited release

too many signs

mulch radio #11 coming soon. log in and pay attention if you want to listen to it. very short window. when its re-released

no less than 10 years old...

at least 6 years since "remastering"

STILL relevant (mostly)

11. Mulch

Psychedelic

limited time. download now before it is gone

(right click, save as)

Mulch Radio #11

• Like Like x 2
  12. Mulch

Psychedelic

if anyone cares...

episode 11 is episode 2 of 4 in an originally planned "heel turn" of the mulch character in second life/second citizen universe

episodes 10, 11, 12, and 13 are a preplanned serial.

episode 14 turned into a "shoot" after my heel turn revealed the worst in many people, instantly incorporating the storyline from #10-#13, becoming part #5 of the series, but parts 1-4 were done way prior to the fallout of the mulch "heel turn".

so episode 11 is actually part 2 of a series.

it is also the ONLY episode of the series to not have artwork created for it...

13. Mulch

Psychedelic

i hope you enjoyed this. it was done at a very critical time time in the evolution of the original SC in the shadow of the "closing" of the official SL forums (and by extension, SL & the internet)

the decision was made, so i was making sure my affairs were in order, and made sure breadcrumbs were in place far before the "crime" was committed

so, as i continue to reminisce about my virtual highschool game winning touchdown, enjoy a very limited release of the episode that started the series, Mulch Radio Episode #10: Countdown

click here, save as to download beofre it is gone for another 10 years

mulchradio10a.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  14. Mulch

Psychedelic

So I read a story earlier about an octopus full on escaping from an aquarium by hopping out of its tank, crawling across the room, and squeezing down a drain that emptied into the sea. some comments in the story mentioned their intelligence, who surprised me to consider

It turns out that they are QUITE intelligent. The following article is a great long read on the curious nature and intelligence of the octopus

https://orionmagazine.org/article/deep-intellect/

Last edited: 13 Apr 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Govi

Govi Ça va chier.
    Bitchy

Disney is probably angling for the movie rights, if there are any they must get before beginning to film "Inky, the Dark Knight."

• Like Like x 3
  16. Bunnie

Bunnie Everybody loves the sunshine.
    Baked

Finding Nemo. The fishies escape their aquarium at the end and get back to the ocean. Freedom!

• Like Like x 3
  17. Mulch

Psychedelic

• Like Like x 2
  18. Mulch

Psychedelic

I got tricked.. Twice this weekend.

Tonight, fuck, Charles Koch.

In the past year, I have twice declined Koch brothers shows.

This will be the 2nd time I was tricked into doing one if thier events this year.

50% rate :(

I will report whether tonight or tomorrow is worse

• Hug Hug x 3
    • Laugh Laugh x 1
  19. Mulch

Psychedelic

small, very private country club. he was introduced by his wife, and interviewed by his son. intimate setting, way less security than last time, and i didnt recognize him when he stood by me until i noticed his microphone.

he gave away signed books to all in attendance (gotta give him credit, there were about 300 people there, didnt expect a billionaire to sign books, and personalized at that, waiting at the table when everyone arrived)

he started off by acknowledging the (i think it was 23) bohemian grove members present. i shit you not

he covered ethics and values and his belief in a free market, his disgust at cronyism, as well as his upbringing, and engineering background. very similar to the stuff from last time. he did not touch politics in the interview part except to say he didnt mind when republicans shot themselves in the foot, but it seems they have shot themselves in the brain

the other interesting parts came during the q&a.

when asked who his hero was, he answered, really quickly, frederick douglass. then he spent 10 or so minutes going over fredericks life, book, and why he was inspired by him and why he was truly a hero. very unexpected that his hero was a black former slave (although the bros are notoriously NOT social conservatives)

the other interesting answer to an audience question was about politics. he said he had worked for years to get guys elected who he thought were tied to his values, only to have them fall into the pocket of cronyism once elected and sing a different tune. he basically said he was disgusted by lying politicians, wants to wash his hands of them and was essentially out of the political game.

while not actually making the comparison, whenever he mentioned the generic word politician, he said it in a squeamish way like he was referring to a creepy bug (no specific politicians were mentioned except when he used the verb "trump" in an off tone to acknowledge the elephant in the room)

he followed it up by saying he was going to direct his resources on a local level with things like grants, scholarships, and support of conservative professors instead of supporting any more politicians

and those are the big notes

to recap:
    1. A big hello to bohemian grove members
    2. his biggest hero is a former slave
    3. he is done with politics
    3 fairly big pieces of news that you likely wont hear anywhere else

Last edited: 15 Apr 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Mulch

Psychedelic

woah.

approx 8 minutes from my house, coachella is going on RIGHT NOW, and then THIS "leaks"

http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...achella-mega-rock-concert-20160415-story.html

i have never been to coachella (aside working it prior to the show once where i had the undeniably best seat in the house for leoanard cohens 50 minute, dress rehearsal soundcheck in 2009, FUCK YEAH!!!!!), but i have been to the OTHER big events on the polo field. the big 4 (metallica, megadeth, anthrax, & slayer), pearl jam (a different polo field, but in the same "hood"), and of course, phish festival on halloween (yeah, it was fucking epic).

THIS show is going to be EPIC (even IF paul mccartney is playing on it ;) )

so, who among you will be coming down and staying with mulchy that weekend in october?

8 minutes away. LITERALLY (without traffic)

govi? or would you rather i met you on your home turf for phish in july before you felt welcomed in mine in october?

• Like Like x 1