Who Gives A Shit?

Discussion in 'onTopic' started by Trinity Serpentine, 24 Nov 2010.

Tags:
  1. Mulch

Mulch Why does the drum come hither?
    Psychedelic

hugs to ya. there seem to be 2 types of people in this world, people who appreciate who prince was and what he did, and those who have yet to discover the genius we shared the earth with for a bit

it is odd that kita was the 1 who broke the news to me, as she used to give me ENDLESS shit about how often i included prince in Mulch Radio episodes. in my opinion, you cant have truly great music without including prince.

and i think she has moved from those who have yet to discover, to one who has discovered. in her brief text letting me know, was a sad face. that would have been very unlikely when i met her

i think kita finally realizes what an outrageous talent that he was. i guess my work on this planet is now done

as sad as this is, look at the bright side, if there is one. thousands of recordings from the vault may finally make their way into our ears, which would NEVER have happened while prince was alive

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Mulch

Psychedelic

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mulch

Psychedelic

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  4. Bunnie

Bunnie Everybody loves the sunshine.
    Baked

What happened to Lil Kim?

Lil Kim I remember in 1999:

30bec8f36e9a28fc7141f395005c6dd2.467x537x1.jpg

Lil Kim today?

Cg2QT9AWsAA8c6X.jpg

:shrug:

• Meh Meh x 1
    • Drama Drama x 1
  5. Mulch

Psychedelic

they went on sale today, they added a 2nd weekend, 100,000 people each,. sold out and i couldnt get tickets and none of my local friends got any either

fuck

• Hug Hug x 1
  6. Bunnie

Baked

Sucks.

7. Lain

Lain End of line. #resist
    Sneaky

Making excellent cannabis infused coco-butter using organic coconut butter, premium grade shake from our last untold number of delicious containers we've emptied since last October, and Oregon sunshine.

It smells great. Will report after I have a chance to strain it and eat it.

:)

• Like Like x 2
  8. nina

nina still prettier than you
    Nerdy

i am considering having my brother send me some edibles in the post...

9. Kita

Kita Should Update Title

Getting work blues again. My contract ended, and due to internal issues out of the control of everyone who isn't and exec, they couldn't create a full time position for me.

Talked to the same recruiter I did a year ago. She insists I need to be doing tier 1 call center. I calmly explained to her there was no tiered system or call center I was at, I supported hundreds of users with a team of support people. I resolved the vast majority of my own tickets (I assigned away only stuff that had nothing to do with desktop support). I excelled at my position with the full cycle support and administrative responsibilities. She told me she had people waiting for work with 7 years of experience that are leaping on jobs that pay 15-17/ hr. Yet, when I plug my experience, education, and certs into places like salary.com, they tell me that rate would be in the lower 20% for this area. I can only imagine how much worse that would be for someone with MORE education and experience than me... I can't live on a rate that low. I don't know who to believe. Are those salary sites usually accurate? Or does this recruiting company usually low ball people so they always make sure to provide vastly overqualified candidates in order to keep clients happy?

I was still living paycheck to paycheck with 19/hr. I don't have a spouse making more than me to make up for the gap, nor do I have dependents to write off. Is this a thing with me being female, perhaps? It is assumed I am just in it for 'play' money, and I have a nice husband at home who is an actual professional with an actual career who makes the big kid salary I graciously live off of? Or is there a lack of respect for non management positions in hardware/ desktop support, and it is normally staffed by clueless kids? What other field REQUIRES education and specialty knowledge, yet still pays well below 40k a year after 7+ years? And how do I always seem to manage to pick such shitty jobs? I should have gotten into sales. I could be clearing 6 figures by now with no education and just a fast mouth. I am sure THEY would do fine without an IT person to call when the soda they spilled on their keyboard sticks down their control key and they can't figure out why their mouse is now broken.

Oh, wait, I just answered my own question. IT Support is for telling idiots they are idiots. Anyone can do that! They are a necessary evil when you promote and hire idiots in your company. Like an idiot tax. Hiring competent people and promoting competent people costs a lot more, and most places aren't down for that. So they can save money by keeping idiot wranglers around to stop the people who make actual livable salaries from drowning in a frustrated pool of their own incompetence. And anyone can work a screwdriver anyways. Desktop support IS the blue-collar work of the IT world, after all. Always a line of laborers available to choose from.

Never mind many people told me in confidence they wished the company would get rid of one of my coworkers (the much more experienced and educated people) instead of me. Also, the person who held the position before me was working on a masters in IT Management, in addition to having half a dozen certs and much more experience than me. He quit because he couldn't keep up or get the hang of things, and the job kept going past him and over his head. He is probably off working in management now, making close to six figures while I am begging for a livable wage. Competence is over-rated anyways.

On a related note, my dad called me when his system wouldn't boot. Over the phone I diagnosed it as a dead hard drive. Confirmed it in person. Asked him if he had a backup. Just a USB stick he saves to when he remembers. No cloud backup that I had been trying to get him on for years. He expressed extreme concern over me telling him I could get him a working computer by the next day, but most likely couldn't recover his data. 'Are you just guessing?' he asks, as I have the tower open next to me and a UBCD in the system confirming what the Windows install CD already told me. I told him I would do what I can and to go home. I called him 10 minutes later and told him to take it to his shop he wanted to just send it to that 'Does really good work'. It will probably be a $200 bill, and he still won't have his data. He only calls me to humor me, he doesn't think I know what I am doing. I don't need more of that right now.

It's my life.

• Hug Hug x 4
  10. Lain

Sneaky

Shoot the kid. This is an act of mercy, he's dead anyway.

Shoot the mother. People need to stop shoveling the responsibility of raising their bastard spawn onto others.

Now we've lost a magnificent, nearly extinct animal because some numb cunt had yet another lost cause of a child instead of doing us all the favor of having a hysterectomy instead

Fuck off. Seriously. One less botch and her dimwitted progeny to drag the rest of us down into apathetic ignorance.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Laugh Laugh x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  11. nina

Nerdy

Jimmy Snuka Ruled Not Competent To Stand Trial
    http://whatculture.com/wwe/jimmy-snuka-ruled-not-competent-to-stand-trial

12. nina

Nerdy

13. Bunnie

Baked

Wow, the recent activity is full of URanus, nina. :cheergirl::dizzy:

14. nina

Nerdy

uh-oh. we better investigate that.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Kita

Kita Should Update Title

Kita got a job!

...and another offer too. While negotiating salary with another company as well. I think the last position I had was that 'foot in the door' I needed. I applied for less than a dozen jobs, and got five in-person interviews with offers the same week.

I *really* hope things are turning around for me. This position could be promising. Company is small, but growing. Lots of room for me to grow, and they like to send employees to classes to get more certs too. :)

• Hug Hug x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. nina

Nerdy

good luck!

17. nina

Nerdy

Gawker Said to Plan Sale After $140 Million Award to Hulk Hogan
    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/11/business/media/gawker-bankruptcy-sale.html

:happy:

18. Lain

Sneaky

Interesting.

19. Lain

Sneaky

20. Kita

Kita Should Update Title

By the way... BIG tech news. Microsoft bought LinkedIn. Over 20 billion. Stock had just gone up last year after Linda was purchased by LinkedIn. Very good day for anyone invested in LinkedIn. Stock rose 40% overnight.

• Like Like x 1