Who Gives A Shit?

Discussion in 'onTopic' started by Trinity Serpentine, 24 Nov 2010.

Tags:
  1. Govi

Govi Ça va chier.
    Bitchy

This feels like another Nokia purchase to me; Microsoft is taking a very large gamble outside their core competencies.

2. nina

nina still prettier than you
    Nerdy

they can afford to gamble big.

3. Kita

Kita Should Update Title

Nokia was a terrible buy. They had reached their peak and were just starting their freefall.

LinkedIn is just hitting their social media stride. They have plenty of upward growth still to go, especially because they are still working on integrating their Linda purchase. It is a huge project that will really add value to the site. Or, it will be a giant failure and kill it.

It will be interesting to watch them over the next year. Microsoft will pump more money into it to get the project done, and whether that will be good or will kill the site should be apparent in short time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Kita

Kita Should Update Title

So, arming yourself with a nerf weapon is kinda necessary at my new job. Something happened to catch my eye on Amazon last week that was on daily special for $20:

https://amzn.com/B00L1DQON2
    [​IMG]

Apparently, there is a number of Nerf lines of girly shit. And, it also just happens to have the most BAD ASS NERF WEAPON I HAVE EVER SEEN.

I got it on Tuesday, and promptly tried it out. The packaging boasts 85 foot!! range! It takes some practice to fire right (it is a bow, after all), but is amazingly accurate. WAY more than any dart. Shoots WAY faster than a dart, and I was surprised at how much tension this bow had for a kid's toy, as well as the solid construction for 20 bucks. The arrow heads are actually hollow, soft plastic that will collapse on impact. Will be *felt* more than a dart, but still wouldn't *hurt*, even at point blank range. They whistle when you get a good strong shot off. Has a 'laser sight' too. It actually is just a red LED, but could easily be modded to a real laser. :D

Lots of admirers at work. It is SO much fun! Super stealthy cause there is no noisy spring to release, and you can arc a shot over cubicles... so NO ONE is safe! HIGHLY recommend this bad boy! BUY NAO.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Bunnie

Bunnie Everybody loves the sunshine.
    Baked

Now Miss Lain wants one of those. :wub:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bunnie

Baked

Does this seem right?

untitled1.png

I'm pretty sure Brock got knocked down to three months with good behavior even.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Kita

Kita Should Update Title

I like the stealth approach, so I chose the shortbow version. There also is a compound bow version that carries double the arrows! I am thinking of getting one for company trips. ;) It looks like it is easier to fire, because it places the arrow where it needs to be in the guide, and also has the string marked where to nock it.

https://amzn.com/B00TVIFZ1Q

[​IMG]

Last edited: 17 Jul 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Lain

Lain End of line. #resist
    Sneaky

logged into bank app today. Random amount missing. Entry says something vague.

Call bank. Wtf? Clickety clackety, type type, I see the withdrawal but there's no information here.

So the bank sent money somewhere but cannot tell me where or point me in a direction of who to call?

Sorry you will have to go to the branch on Monday.

"And it's gone..."

Sigh

• Hug Hug x 2
  9. Govi

Govi Ça va chier.
    Bitchy

Depending on the circumstance, your bank could owe you that amount back into your account. The bank accepted credentials (card number, PIN, whatever) which were presented by someone other than you and not authorized by you. It may take only a few hours, or it may be weeks and require letter writing to the bank with copies to whatever California State authority supervises the bank, but you will get your money back.

Start by reading the account agreement you have with the bank. It may spell out all your options for action and recompense. However, never forget in whatever you do that time is of the essence; you may have as little as 5 days in which to report to the bank a fraudulent transaction in your account and you may have to do it in writing to some specific address.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Bunnie

Baked

Fuck. My grandpa died this morning. 91 years young. He was tough, but so loving. Everyone around me considered him grandpa. Lain, my friends, even my cousins on my dad's side. He loved children, especially babies. A sad day indeed.
    :emo:

• Hug Hug x 4
  11. Lain

Sneaky

image.jpeg

• Hug Hug x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Bunnie

Baked

Well, we did it. We got hitched! (Yes, in real life!) It was nothing special, but it was everything!! :wub: I am a happy Mrs. Lain is Bams, spreading the love!

:grouphug2::lovehugs::flowers::kiss::gwomp: :smitten:

• Hug Hug x 3
  13. Bunnie

Baked

Our anniversary is December 9th. Something to overshadow my hateful mother's birthday. You're welcome, hater.
    :girly:

• Hug Hug x 1
  14. Lain

Sneaky

11311173_1452163715088377_1562796809_n.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  15. Kita

Kita Should Update Title

YAYYYYY!!!! Congrats!!! How exciting! :D

Also; ABOUT FREAKIN TIME. ;)

Did any planning go into it, with a little ceremony with friends and family? Or just a little trip to the courthouse? Even if it was just a courthouse trip, it is common for people to do a ceremony/ party with friends at some point after the fact :) You should celebrate and let people buy you things! :p Honeymoon plans to somewhere cool?

• Hug Hug x 2
  16. Bunnie

Baked

Had a few weeks to plan. Just a few close friends in attendance. It was perfect. :smitten:

Honeymoon will be postponed to a quieter, non-holiday time, in the spring.

Thank you! :flowers:

• Hug Hug x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Lain

Sneaky

Everyday is a honeymoon. ❤️

• Hug Hug x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Kita

Kita Should Update Title

You two are so stinkin' cute it makes me gag.

That is a compliment from me, by the way ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Hug Hug x 1
  19. clio

clio Pokity Poke Poke
    Alone

hi everybodys

• Hug Hug x 2
  20. Mulch

Mulch Why does the drum come hither?
    Psychedelic

bubbletwat?

:lovehugs: