Why's this place getting all rulesy now? (O.o)

Discussion in 'gV governance' started by Imnotgoing Sideways, 8 Apr 2011.

1. I just noticed that there's a sticky "Guidelines" post outside of all the forum folders. It's packed with all the "do this" and "don't do that" I see everywhere else. It don't bug me none, but, why? (:confused:)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Wad

Wad Drama is Fascinating
    Zorro

To maintain the Decorum of the Forum

(but you'd probably get much more interesting answers if you posted your question in NSFW :cool:

3. LeeHere Absent

LeeHere Absent Just Lee
    Creative

What? I don't see that. Just the one link for the community standards on the forum view page. Each node has a sticky in your view? Maybe it's my Chrome again. I'll have another look. Or are you referring to just that one location for the community standards on the forum view page? I have the community standards on the Forum page and the Help page. That's it. I think it was a good move, because it took some extra searching and clicking to get to the Community Standards on the Help page. I may need Pep to come in and interpret for me again.

4. Pep

Pep Eats Mars for breakfast

The Guidelines have always been around . . .

Pep ( . . . stuck in a corner and ignored until Deimos got upset about a couple of inconsequential posts and Mars had to show solidarity.)

• Like Like x 2
  5. Ah, yeah. Community Standards. Anyway... Long list... Longer than any other forum I post to. It seems to counter why people came here in the first place. I dunno... Just weird, is all. (=_=)

• Like Like x 3
  6. Han Held

Han Held <3 Internet Mean little kid <3
    Doubtful

Papers, please

• Like Like x 3
  7. I left them in my pants. (^_^)

8. LeeHere Absent

LeeHere Absent Just Lee
    Creative

I hear ya.

9. Han Held

Doubtful

Are the rules really more imposing than the ones at SCII, SLU, RLetc and the official blog -or does it just seem that way because people are used to the [now proven to be an] illousion of anarchy?

• Like Like x 3
  10. LeeHere Absent

LeeHere Absent Just Lee
    Creative

Is it the rules or the application of the rules or the perception of one or the other or both or all of the above?

• Like Like x 3
  11. Wad

Wad Drama is Fascinating
    Zorro

But I thought (erroneously, apparently) that the whole point of this place, it's raison d'etre, was that it would be LESS imposing than those mentioned...

• Like Like x 3
  12. Wad

Wad Drama is Fascinating
    Zorro

All of the above...Rules without enforcement are meaningless. Enforcement without rules is tyranny, and perception/fear of either/or is oppressive.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Han Held

Doubtful

That's what I'd like to know -how much is pereception and how much is based on what's actually said?
    "Less imposing" is not the same as "total anarchy".

14. Pep

Pep Eats Mars for breakfast

I reckon Mars has gone on a course on Existentialism recently.

Pep ("The posts do not exist, so Deimos could not have deleted them.")

• Like Like x 1
  15. Wad

Wad Drama is Fascinating
    Zorro

No, it's not. Funny that you're the first one I've heard promoting "total anarchy". (That's probably considered "unwanted behavior", under current guidelines.):cool:

16. Han Held

Doubtful

What can I say? It's got a nice beat and you can dance to it.

17. Liona Clio

Liona Clio Poetry in Motion
    Benevolent

People are wanting something that doesn't exist, and are bitching about how everything that does exist falls short.

Deposits :2cents:

• Like Like x 2
  18. Lias

Lias Open Community!
    Arsey

I'm window shopping on main street. So are hundreds of other people. I wander into a store I think sells purses. When I get in there and look around I realize this store does not sell purses. As I open the door and walk out, two more people walk pass me into the store and find what they are looking to purchase.

Just because what you thought this forum was selling is not in stock doesn't mean others haven't found exactly what they are looking for.

This forum partially came into existence because of unfair moderation on SCII. It was never intended to be an entire red light free-for-all.

The forum has something for everyone. There are sections for pr0n marked NSFW, flamewars in Area 17, SL info in The Grid section and many more.

If you don't find what you are looking for here you are not being repressed. You can get what is available here and still keep window shopping for what you really want.

19. I'm not repressed. I don't think any of my posts have been given any moderation attention. I'm just seeing what was pretty much presented to me as the initial selling point of this place.... Gone. (^_^)

While walking by a window full of purses, I entered to find it's a thrift store full of flea riddled sofas and broken toasters. They just keep the purses up front. =^-^=

If I want to post it, I'll post it. (^_^)y

• Like Like x 4
  20. Bulldick!

Bulldick! Rampaging
    Notamused

I agree with your analogy eventho, I do not think it represent what some people think it happened.

Some of us were looking for purses, saw a store with tons of purses displayed in the windows, got inside, start looking around, picked up a couple of purses and when we went to the cashier to pay we were told that the purses were no longer on sale that should pick a crafted wooden stick instead.

:hug:

• Like Like x 3